Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cheap travel Ube-Hiroshima & Miyajima 2007/9/6 21:15
Hi there,

- I will fly to Ube city on 15th of Sep. I will be there for 6 days, to see around Yamaguchi pref. and... can I swimm in the sea?

- I intend to go & visit Hiroshima & Miyajima (Itsukushima Island). pls tell me what is the best way to go there cheap & convenient.i need price range, entrance fees, etc.
THX

by Peter  

... 2007/9/7 22:55
can I swimm in the sea?
No. Beaches are closed at the end of August.

pls tell me what is the best way to go there
From Ube Airport, take a bus to Shin-Yamaguchi station (35min, 840 yen) and take shinkansen to Hiroshima (30 min, 2250 yen).

As for Miyajima, see this site :
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3401.html
by JLady rate this post as useful

thx, JLady 2007/9/12 03:12
do you have any idea how much costit by regular train?
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/12 07:55
Again its one of those things where cheap doesn't equal mean best or fastest way.

From ShinYamaguchi Station, the Shinkansen does the Nozomi Shinkansen does the ride in about 32 minutes to Hiroshima and costs some 5000yen.

By regular trains (sometimes with transfers) it can take 2.5 or more longer (depending on connections). Costing 2210.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/9/12 17:37
Thank you, John

Miyajima + Hiroshima 2007/9/29 00:15
Back to home... We've rented a Nissan 1500 cc car in Ube city with gps (English speaking) for 5750 yen for 1day. Was excellent, services also. I can recommend anybody the services of ToCoo http://www2.tocoo.jp/?file=rentcar_inbound/main
Thanks for japan-guide.com

Question for Peter 2007/9/29 02:57
Peter, I will be in Japan next year and will spend a few days in Hiroshima. I would like to rent a car for that time. Can you tell me what rental agency you rented from? I followed the link to ToCoo! that you provided but I can't find a car rental place in Hiroshima that has the English GPS, they say Japanese only.

Thank you.
by JS rate this post as useful

reply to this thread