Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Night travel -- Kansai Airport to Tokyo 2007/9/7 21:40
hello,
I am arriving at Kansai International at 8:30pm on Wednesday night and need to go to Tokyo. I want to travel on a night bus or night train on Wednesday night so I can arrive in Tokyo on Thursday morning. I have a Japan Rail pass so I want to use JR buses/trains so I don’t have to pay more. I read that only some buses take JR passes, and only some trains have seats free with JR pass. For example the ''Sunrise Seto''.

Do any go straight from Kansai airport to Tokyo or do I have to take a train from the airport to Osaka and then change to a different train (or bus) from Osaka to Tokyo? But I don’t know what all the timetables are. Does this journey sound possible?
Thank you
by Samantha  

... 2007/9/8 01:22
I believe that the Japan Rail Pass is valid on all JR night buses between Osaka and Tokyo, except possibly the "premium" class buses. The Osaka-Tokyo route is one of the few highway bus routes for which the Japan Rail Pass can be used.

There are no direct buses from Kansai Airport. You will have to transfer in central Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/8 10:17
Use this to check bus operators and timetables.
http://www.bus.or.jp/bus/index_e.html
by JLady rate this post as useful

reply to this thread