Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

GPS english for Japan 2007/9/8 06:49
Hello,
I want travel by car in Japan, please help my find a GPS ( navigation system ) in french or englesh with Japan Map.
Thank you for your help
by silvya  

... 2007/9/8 09:43
silvya, do you want to buy a navigation system for your own car or rent a car with a GPS system?
by JLady rate this post as useful

Nissan 2007/9/8 09:53
I've rented a car twice from a Nissan Rental place. The first time the Nabi (Navi=GPS) was in English, (English language spoken & English remote control), the second time the speech was English & the remote was in Japanese.

I'd suggest making sure you ask them for English language spoken & English remote control on the Nabi. The Maps are still in Japanese though.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

gps Japan 2007/9/8 15:30
Hello,
I want buy a GPS, my son live in Japan and have a car, but dont find a GPS english spoken ( bether french or german . . . . . ).
Thank you,
Sorry, I speak normaly french and german, I have never english lecons
by silvya rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/8 18:14
Then, I suggest you to go to car accessesories shop with your son. They sell dozens of GPS from basic type (GPS function only) to high-end type (with TV/DVD/HDD).

French/German version may not be found but quite a few have Japanese/English multilingual interfaces. (For some models, you need to buy English DVD)

I'll post 1 personal navigation system (what we call "portable car navi") but there should be more. My brother-in-law has a GPS which speaks standard Japanese, English and some Japanese dialects (for entertainment purpose!).

SHAKE by MapNet (about 40,000yen)
Japanese/English/Chinese

by JLady rate this post as useful

English Navi System with Japanese Maps 2008/10/17 09:20
Finally I founded it: KAIHOU TNK 350... it's kinda small one but it's so useful
by Rick Gallaghan rate this post as useful

Japan map for Garmin 2008/10/17 17:29
I'm using this map for Japan in my Garmin GPS receiver: http://uud.info/en/
by Kappa rate this post as useful

reply to this thread