Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Coeliac's contacts Sapporo and Osaka 2007/9/8 15:24
Hi I am going to Sapporo and Osaka to visit my daughter and Japanese SIL in February 2008 and it will be my first time to Japan and my fist time international travelling since diagnosis.
I am wondering if anyone has heard of any Japanese people themselves having Coeliac's? If so can anyone put me in touch with them or their society. also after understanding restuarants in Sapporo and Osaka. My daughter and Yasu wil be helping me with ingredients on food thankfully but it is the restaurant and snacking thing that worries me. I wil have the GF cards to give restauranters etc
also having stop over in Hong Kong and need simialr restaurant advice for there.
thanks
Leonie
by Leonie  

... 2007/9/9 12:37
Leonie, as I've never heard of the disease, I googled it. It seems that the Coeliac disease (セリアック病 in Japanese) is very rare in Japan and I couldn't find any support group except a group of doctors who are studying this disease.

But I found a blog written by a Japanese woman living in Seattle. She has a Coeliac and as her blog is written both in Japanese and English it may be a good tool for your son-in-law to understand your conditions.
Wheatless in Seattle :
http://ayainseattle.blogspot.com/2007/06/damn-you-flavorings...

And a group of doctors who are studying this disease belong to Internal Medicine #2 of Shinshu University in Nagano Prefecture.
(信州大学医学部第二内科)
by JLady rate this post as useful

thanks to JLady 2007/9/10 11:11
thanks JLady for the information
by Leonie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread