Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ramen! 2007/9/12 00:04
Tell me more about how Ramen would be served. And also about different ways of serving it. Also, what's the type of ramen does ''Uzumaki Naruto'' like? Love the manga ^^
by Christian  

. 2007/9/12 10:26
Not sure, how to answer, ramen can be served a million different ways, from instant ramen you poor boiling water into a cup, or a bag into a bowl, or even a new brand right from the vending machine can! Up to fancy restaurants.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/12 11:59
There's basically 2 types of broths.
Shoyu based and Tonkotsu (pork rib broth i think). Both are good, though they are quite different.
Sometimes the broth is also flavoured with miso.

Usually it's served with chashu slices and a hard-boiled egg. Not forgetting Negi and wakame..

Variations would have Tori Karaage, pork ribs, chicken, etc..

not sure what ramen naruto likes though haha
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Shio-ramen? 2007/9/12 12:02
Amelia wrote:

There's basically 2 types of broths.

You might find the following page of interest...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramen
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/12 12:16
There are more like 4 main types of ramen widely available.

Shio (salt) - which is really a chicken broth

Shoyu (soy sauce) - which is shio plus soy sauce

Miso - which is shio plus miso

And Tonkotsu - which is pork based and uses thinner noodles

So if you were to list two main types of broth then you would have chicken based and pork based.

My personal favorites are shio bataa (salt flavored broth with butter) and kara miso (Spicy miso).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Raaamen! 2007/9/12 18:39
I don't know a lot about Ramen, but below is a picture of one of the bowls of Ramen that Naruto eats. If you can identify what is in it, then you can ask for the same at a ramen shop!
http://gramos.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/naruto_ramen01.jpg
by Kelly rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/13 00:28
From the picture you can't really tell what type of broth it is. And from what I found on the internet its seems that Naruto like all ramen, not just a specific type.

The specific name of the ramen probably varies from restaurant to restaurant but if you're interested in trying to order it the toppings pictured are (clockwise from the egg):
  1. hardboiled egg
  2. brown circles - chashu (chinese pork)
  3. black rectangles - nori (dried seaweed)
  4. green things - green onion
  5. small brown rectangles - menma (pickled bamboo shoot)
  6. little white things with pink swirls - kamaboko (processed fish and the origin of Naruto's name)
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

naruto 2007/10/1 15:25
naruto likes miso
by spec rate this post as useful

yes sasuke is my name 2007/12/12 09:07
ok the type that naruto eats is ichimaraku ramen the realedeal as naruto says but uh sasuke rules and naruto is awsome! :)
by sasuke rate this post as useful

Onomichi . . . 2007/12/12 15:09
. . . serves an unusual type of ramen. I've not heard of it before in tourist guides but I guess it's their specialty. There are tiny grilled bits of pork or meat swimming in grease on top the broth. The meat pieces are blackened. Some of it may be pieces of fat. Quite unusual.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

raw egg 2008/1/5 21:45
I like a raw egg to my ramen :), and then stirr it firmly.
by masura rate this post as useful

Naruto... 2008/1/7 09:15
Naruto likes miso ramen!
I've had it a few times before. It's good! Looks just like the picture Kelly posted except the egg was in a separate bowl.
by Alex R. rate this post as useful

ramen glossary 2008/1/13 11:45
Here's a good ramen glossary to fill in any other questions:

http://www.ramentokyo.com/2007/08/ramen-glossary.html
by RamenTokyo rate this post as useful

Japanese translation 2008/1/23 10:28
What does the word ,"Tonkotsu" look like in the Japanese language? I like to make sure that I'm ordering the right thing. Thanks very much.

And also, does anyone know how to get to Ippudo ramen in Ikebukuro? I tried twice but always managed to get myself lost and I still can't find the shop.
by Funshine rate this post as useful

Ippudo 2008/2/22 02:15
If you go to Ippudo, the only thing they serve is tonkotsu.

The one in Ikebukuro is a little tricky to get to. The best thing to do is probably walk south on meiji-douri and take a left on azuma-douri. Go for about 7 minutes and make another left before you get to the kombini.
by Alex rate this post as useful

Ippudo map 2008/2/22 02:41
I've added the Ikebukuro Ippudo to my map of Japanese places here:

http://www.alexkane.net/japan_map
by Alex rate this post as useful

naruto 2008/4/21 00:38
naruto likes miso ramen best
by ........hey rate this post as useful

reply to this thread