Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What is the symbol 4 family in Japanese? 2007/9/12 11:49
for a tatoo
by Brandon  

Family 2007/9/12 12:06
Brandon,

I don't think there is any particular symbol, but if you want the Japanese characters for "family", it would be "家族" (kazoku). And please be sure to come back and post pictures of your tattoo once you've had it done.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Family=家族 2007/9/12 15:22
I had a business trip to Arizona once, and the hotel clerk proudly showed her Japanese tatoo on her leg. When I saw it, I just smiled and said nothing, but my co-worker's lips slipped and screamed out loud "Hey, that's upside down!" I still remember how she looked sad and disappointed...

I'll recommend to find the right person to tatoo you if you want to use Japanese, and also make sure you use "Traditional Kanji" fonts that Japanese use, and not "Simplified Kanji" that are common in the modernday China.
by Dogu rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/13 00:29
Discussed many times, a lot of times people think they're getting something written in Japanese/Chinese or any other foerign language, and it turns out to be nothing but jibberish. The Japanese do similar things with foreign words too sometimes.

So if you want it correct, get someone who actually knows the language.
by John rate this post as useful

reply to this thread