Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Full Sail Grad moving to Japan? 2007/9/15 01:25
Hello my name is Joshua. I am 21 years old. In Feb. I will go to Full sail College in Florida for a bachelor's degree in Digital Arts and Design. After I get done I want to move to japan. Is this a realistic dream? It will be a bachelor's of science. Any info would be great. thank you!
by Full Sail Grad.  

Bachelor Degree 2007/9/15 12:22
Seeing how Full Sail's program offers bachelor degrees, it should theoretically pass visa processing.

If you already have a job placement with a company in Japan, you should be fine pending processing.

If you don't, you'll have to find an employer in Japan who will hire you and sponsor your work visa.

Have you considered what field of work you'll be doing? Do you have the contacts and qualifications to get you a job in that field in Japan?

If you don't speak Japanese already, your best chances are in English-teaching with an established English conversation school.
by Dave in California (soon Tokyo) rate this post as useful

reply 2007/9/15 21:23
Thank you for the response. I want to go into the graphic design industry and do advertising and such. I also will be taking japanese while in florida for 2 years. And I have a few friends in Japan but no sponsors or anything like that.
by Joshua rate this post as useful

Working in Japan 2007/9/16 01:46
A graphic design artist needs to be able to listen to the client's demands and translate that into something the client wants. In other words, communication is essential. In other words, if you are unable to communicate professionally in Japanese, your chances are slim in graphics design (or many other fields that requires Japanese communication) in Japan.

If you are unable to speak professional-grade Japanese (or something close to it), you will need a skill that no one else has--something that set you apart from every other qualified Japanese and Japanese-speaking candidates--to get a Japanese employer to hire and sponsor a work visa for you.

Think about it from a Japanese employer's point of view. Why would I want to go through all the paperwork, bureaucracy, and expenses to hire someone out of the country when I can hire a local for a lot less hassle?

You have to make yourself valuable enough to convince that going through all that trouble for you will be worth your employer's while.
by Dave in California (soon Tokyo) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread