Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is it worth to pay for breakfast? 2007/9/17 21:28
I am wondering, is it worth to pay for breakfast in Tokyo hotel? I will stay in Crown Plaza Metropolitan Tokyo. If I prefer breakfast included, there will be additional around JPY2300. Any suggestion?
by Anty  

. 2007/9/18 09:15
Worth depends on the person. Generally speaking anything in a upscale hotel restaurant is going to be high.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/18 09:57
For 2300yen, i would rather skip the hotel breakfast and eat outside.
by Amelia rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/18 11:42
It depends. If my purpose is to a relaxed vacation or to travel with my parents, I will pay for it. If not, I will buy bread/fruits/juice in the evening and eat them at room or go to the coffee shop.

There're many places you can eat breakfast around Crown Plaza.
by JLady rate this post as useful

breakfast 2007/9/18 13:41
it depends what type of breakfast!. if it is basic, it's better to go outside. If it is a buffet and you aren't in a rush, it might be worthwhile.Once I stayed in the Hilton Shinjuku and every morning we had a long leisurely buffet breakfast, reading several free papers etc. we felt it was worthwhile because we didn't feel hungry until mid afternoon. But in other hotels it was cheaper to have juice, eggs, toasts outside.
by Plantagenesta rate this post as useful

CP breakfast 2007/9/18 14:53
At the Crown Plaza Metropolitan the Yen 2300 breakfast is buffet and served in the Cafe Fiore at Ground Floor. ( Can have waiting line in the morning ) There are several cafes serving breakfast at Yen 1000 to Yen 1500 on the way between hotel's trainstation side entrance and the Ikebukuro trainstation. There is a 24 hour conbini shop next to the hotel where you can buy western style sandwiches at Yen 180 or Yen 220, orange juice and joughurt. You have coffee/tea making facility in your room.
by Peter rate this post as useful

sandwich & coffee 2007/9/18 21:52
It also depends on whether you are the big breakfast type. I am not. So when I am in Japan, I normally buy a sandwich for about 200 yen and a Starbucks (or UCC or McMountain?) coffee for less than 200 yen from a convenience store at the station and have that for breakfast in my room.
by Akira rate this post as useful

is cost for entire stay? 2007/9/19 05:27
If you like breakfast, many hotels have a combination Western and Japanese buffet. You can take "little tastes" of various items: Japanese noodles, miso soup, Japanese-style yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, fruit, etc. Is JPY2300 a per day cost or for your entire stay? Depending on the length of your stay, it could be a good deal.
by nanshi rate this post as useful

B`fast 2007/9/19 07:55
I will stay in Shinjuku washington they will have 1300Y for ABF,
Is it worth it?
by Per rate this post as useful

reply to this thread