Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electronic Waste 2007/9/24 02:26
I have been told that lately a new rule has been introduced that makes it impossible to bring electronic waste (TV set and so on) to a recycling centre. Therefore people get rid of their stuff in the forrest or elsewhere. This sound really strange to me and I cannot believe it. In Germany there is a duty to bring such goods to recycling centres and it is free because the producer has to pay for the recycling. Could somebody enlighten me? Thank you!
by Cesar  

... 2007/9/24 09:16
Electronic appliances in Japan come with a sticker, which certifies a certain standard. Since last year, appliances without these stickers cannot be legally sold anymore, even by recycling shops. That is why recycling shops will not accept appliances without that sticker, because they cannot sell them.

But there are still various other ways to recycle electronic appliances besides illegal dumping.
by Uji rate this post as useful

TVs 2007/9/24 09:31
Even if you can't/ don't want to recycle your TV etc., it is still possible to pay a small fee to put it out for the "oversized garbage" collection.

Yes, some people dump their appliances rather than paying the fee, but they do this with other large items as well and it isn't that widespread.

Most appliances would have that sticker anyway I believe.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2007/9/24 09:51
By the way, a recycling fee is included when you first purchase new electronic appliances these days.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread