Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Great way to enjoy my birthday in Tokyo? 2007/9/27 18:37
I know that this question is a bit vague as a lot of people like a lot of different things. So, let me try to narrow things down.

My birthday will be in the third week of November. I turn 29... So, I'm not exactly looking for a puppet show with clowns.

I will be traveling alone in Tokyo because no one loves me... ha... Just kidding... I'm sure that someone loves me! (Right!?) However, I will be by myself in Tokyo.

I'm on a budget. So, host(-ess?) clubs and strippers are not an option... Honestly! Really! I mean it! Sort of...

I don't need waiters surrounding me while they sing the Japanese equivalent of "happy birthday". Don't you feel bad when waiters/waitresses are forced to do that in your own country? I do...

A nice restaurant doesn't seem like a bad idea, but the idea by itself seems a little bland. I'm open to all sorts of food. Provided I can stay on budget. $100 or about 10,000 yen seems to be the upper limit of what the rational side of my brain is telling me is reasonable. If anyone can think of something worth breaking that budget, then go right ahead and spill the beans.

Bonus points will be rewarded for those who can stay under my projected budget ceiling!

I don't know Tokyo well at all. So please be very specific with as many details as you can provide. I'll try to Google the rest.
by Art  

birthday 2007/9/28 03:36

you are hard to please. don't yo uthink that just beeing in Tokyo, a place that you don't know well, is enough of a great birthday gift? try to expore areas where the average (caucasian) tourist doesn't go: Yanaka, Meguro, Zoshigaya etc. go to see a Kabuki play (you were joking about bars and hostesses right? no one who value himself should even think about it). Just being in Tokyo is an amzing thing
by Red frog rate this post as useful

Yes, I was joking about the... 2007/9/28 13:02
Yes, I was joking about the hostess clubs.

Kabuki sounds like an interesting idea. I'll take a look at my options.

I agree that being able to enjoy Tokyo is a wonderful thing in of itself. However, I will be there for a while, and will have seen quite a bit by then. So, I was hoping that someone might have experienced something extraordinarily different and wanted to share with the rest of us.

Thanks for the suggestion!
by Art rate this post as useful

happy birtday soon enjoy 2007/9/28 13:27
here is what i would do
edit your message to Friends
that if it is not all ready there
by bigbob rate this post as useful

unforgettable 2007/9/28 15:17
OK I was a bit too flippant. Sorry buddy..
try " la table de Joel Robuchon" in Ebisu garden place. can't miss it it is a big French style chateau in the middle of a plazza.
"Deluxe-level cooking and service in an elaborate castle-like setting. You'll find a casual, "convivial" restaurant downstairs called "La Table de Joel Robuchon," with prix-fixe lunch from Y2800 and dinner from Y5000. At dinnertime upstairs there's a rather extravagant 18-course tasting menu for Y35,000 per person (plus 12% service charge). Open 11:30am-1:30, 6-8:30pm (LO) daily. Tel: 5424-1347.

by Red frog rate this post as useful

reply to this thread