Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Furano/Biei 2007/9/28 17:30
Hi, are there any direct flights from Tokyo to Furano or Biei?

If I take a JR train from Sapporo to Hakodate, can I hop off at to visit the Onuma Park? How frequent is the train from Onuma Park to Hakodate JR station?
by Felicia  

... 2007/9/29 08:07
are there any direct flights from Tokyo to Furano or Biei?

Yes! Asahikawa Airport is a 15 minutes bus ride from Biei. 35 minutes from Furano. JAL, ANA and Air Do operate on the Tokyo-Asahikawa route.

If I take a JR train from Sapporo to Hakodate, can I hop off at to visit the Onuma Park?

Yes. But if you ride limited express trains, you will have to pay separate supplements, resulting in a higher cost (does not apply if you have a Japan Rail Pass).

How frequent is the train from Onuma Park to Hakodate JR station?

There is about one limited express train per hour. And about six local trains per day.
by Uji rate this post as useful

summer school holidays 2008 2007/10/1 15:40
Thanks Uji for your reply. May I know when is the summer school holidays for 2008, so that I can try to avoid the peak travel period.

Also is the zoo near Asahikawa worth visiting in summer?
by Felicia rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/3 14:00
I think the zoo is nice around the year.

School holidays are in late December to early January, second half of March and from mid July through August.

An additional peak travel season is the Golden Week in late April and early May.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread