Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Limousine Bus or N'EX ? 2007/10/4 19:43
We are travelling with our 5 kids to Tokyo. Their ages are 10, 9, 7 , 2 yrs and 5 months old.

Is it better to use the Limousine Bus from Narita or the N'EX. If we use the Limousine Bus, there would be half prices for the older 3 kids, but I am not sure if there is any kids rate for the NEX-SUICA card ?

We would be arriving in Tokyo at 6+ am. Would we be able to buy the NEX-SUICA card at such an early hour.

Thanks in advance !
by first time to Japan  

... 2007/10/4 22:15
As long as you make 2 year-old and 5 month-old kids on your lap, what you need is to pay full price for adults and half price for 3 kids. (If you want seats for smaller kids, you have to pay kids fare for them, too)

I don't know which hotel you plan to stay but at 7am (1 hour for immigration & luggage retrival), you are not likely to be trapped in a traffic jam.

And there's no children's fare for NEX&Suica package.
But you can buy "Kodomo-yo Suica" (Suica for kids) at JR ticket office if you want. (You need to show their ID)
by JLady rate this post as useful

Travel Service Center 2007/10/4 22:31
In early morning you can buy Suica&Nex at the JR ticket office what is open at 06.00 h. After 09.30 h ( Terminal 1 ) or 10.30 h ( T 2 )it is sold at the Travel Service Center.
by Peter rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/5 00:47
With 5 kids in tow, it'll be much easier with the limo bus. There will be no traffic jam that early in the morning.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Limo Bus to Hotel 2007/10/5 01:16
I definitely think the limo bus is the way to go with kids. Last time I remember my two nephews jumped off the train on to the platform when it stopped at a station. I almost had a heart attack!! Their mama was cool and got them to get in with one growl.
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/6 11:02
The downside of the NEX is that the platform at Narita is much further from the flight gate than the Limo Bus, and also in central Tokyo there is only one stop, while the Bus have several destinations and will get you to various major hotels within Tokyo.

However, if you plan to use the Japan Rail Pass, valid only for those coming from abroad, you can board on NEX run by JR for free.

Also keep in mind that there are other transportations like the Keisei Skyliner Train which goes to Ueno area from Narita.

Personally, I have usually used the Limo Bus coming from my homes in southern Tokyo and Yokohama, because it's easy and reasonable.
by Uco rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/6 11:20
With 5 kids in tow, it'll be much easier with the limo bus. There will be no traffic jam that early in the morning.

I don't think that is true. At least not for weekdays. If you arrive at the airport around 6am, you will likely approach central Tokyo around 8am, which is a very busy time of the day.

On weekends, there will be no traffic jam, but on weekends, you are likely to spend some time in morning rush hour traffic jams.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Facilities on NEX & Shinjuku Station 2007/10/15 10:25
Does the NEX have any toilet facilities?

And also, I noticed that the NEX platform in Shinjuku is near the South exit. I'll planning to head to the West Exit. So does anyone know if there is an exit gate that accomdates the NEX ticket at the West exit? Thanks!
by Grumpyz rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/15 10:57
To the Original Poster I would say it would be easier if you took the Limousine bus especially if the limousine bus stopped at the hotel you wanted to go to, since it is door to door (from the airport direct to the hotel), you don't have to go through a busy train station keeping in touch with each other with luggage etc.

To the recent poster, yes the Narita Express has toilets, and for exiting you can use any exit of Shinjuku Station you wanted. all you have to do is follow the signs and navigate yourself to the west exit.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/10/15 12:01
On weekends, there will be no traffic jam, but on weekends, you are likely to spend some time in morning rush hour traffic jams.

Year, you'll spend some time in traffic, but nothing compared to afternoon traffic. Tokyo traffic is much much worse in the afternoon.

Limo bus is the easiest. Just imagine navigating in Shinjuku Station at 8 am with 5 kids in tow. it'll be a nightmare!
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

reply to this thread