Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shin-Imamiya to Koyasan 2007/10/10 23:08
So I`m a little confused. The Shin-Imamiya stn. only has JR ticket machines. Do I have to ask at the desk for a Nankai ticket (to get to Koyasan)?

Also, can I buy the "Koyasan free savic" from Shin-Imamiya Stn.?

Arigatou
by John  

... 2007/10/11 08:39
The Shin-Imamiya stn. only has JR ticket machines.

No! In the Nankai station, you will find Nankai vending machines and ticket counters.

Also, can I buy the "Koyasan free savic" from Shin-Imamiya Stn.?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

any other pass for two nights 2007/10/11 11:53
So if I am staying at Koyasan for two nights, is there any ticket that would be good for me?

I will have a JR Pass.

Thanks.
by Mara rate this post as useful

Nankai Shin-imamiya 2007/10/12 19:54
So I didn`t realize there was another part of the station that delt with the Nankai tickets.

As far as I know there is no two day ticket however it`s only about $25 the and the same back which isn`t too much when you consider the cost of staying two nights.

I have to say Koyasan was one the greatest experiences I have ever had. Amazing food too. Have fun.
by John rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/13 07:18
As mentioned by John, regular tickets are rather inexpensive:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4904.html

But, depending on what other plans you have in the Kansai area, a Kansai Thru Pass could be a valuable pass to consider. It includes transportation to and in Koyasan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_005.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Koyasan and area pass 2007/10/13 09:03
Thanks, John and Uji. I'll do some math :)

It probably won't be worth it to buy a three day pass as I will be using my JR Pass to get to Osaka and from Osaka to Tokyo after my visit to Koyasan.

Kansai thru pass isn`t good 2007/10/13 09:17
I was planning on getting the Kansai thru pass but when I went to get it at the airport the said it did not cover the trip to Koyasan. Only Kansai airport to Nambai.

Koyasan and area pass 2007/10/13 09:38
http://www.surutto.com/conts/ticket/3dayeng/images/en_map200...

That's strange - the pass website map (see above) shows it going right to Koyasan......

I know 2007/10/13 15:30
I know that`s why I was planning on getting it; but when I got there they gave my a map that said otherwise.

Obviously you should ask anyways, maybe I got it wrong.

Still the trip isn`t too pricey without it.

travel pass 2007/10/13 23:48
Wow, that is really weird!

Do you speak Japanese? Could it have been a language difficulty?

When I was in Kyoto and went to the JR office to buy a JR West Pass, I asked a uniformed employee which line to stand on to buy a pass. He said you can't buy a pass here. I had my JR flyer with me and said yes I can. He didn't seem to know about that, but eventually he directed me to the correct area and I bought it.

maybe... 2007/10/14 08:41
It`s possible. They spoke pretty good english at the information counter and I also showed them the paper I printed out about but it`s possible there was a misunderstanding.

I would plan your trip on getting it though. Just hope you can and maybe you will save a little money.

reply to this thread