Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tsukiji Fish Market 2007/10/13 00:16
Can anyone tell me if the sushi shops/restaurants at Tsukiji are opened on Saturdays and Sunday? I am planning to spend Sat and Sun in Tokyo and really want to visit the fish market. I will be taking the bullet from Osaka into Tokyo - can anyone tell me which station i should get off as my hotel is in Ginza. Thanks.
by Susie  

... 2007/10/13 07:34
It seems that most restaurants in the fish market are closed when the fish market is closed. The fish market is closed on Sundays, national holidays and occasional Wednesdays:
http://www.tsukiji.or.jp/calendar/calendar.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Bullet train 2007/10/13 09:47
Thanks Uji. Are you able to help me with my second question? Many thanks in advance.
by Susie rate this post as useful

How to get to Tsukiji 2007/10/13 10:23
It depends on which part of Ginza you are staying. But Tsukiji market is closed to Ginza and you can even walk fron Ginza which takes you about 15to 20 minutes. If you want to take subways, the nearest station is Tsukiji-shijo of the Oedo subway line, and you can reach after changing subways twice from Ginza. Please get a train map of Tokyo at your hotel. If you want to visit the main market place, it's best to be there before 10am. There is an external market place where you can shop which will close by around noon. Sushi restaurants in Tsukiji will close by around 2pm. On Sundays and sometimes Wednesdays most shops are closed there.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

Ginza 2007/10/13 10:24
You take the shinkansen to Tokyo station. Depending on if you know Tokyo or not, and where in ginza you are staying, you can either walk over or jump onto the Marunochi line (Subway) one stop to Ginza.

Enjoy
Tenshi
by Tenshi rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/13 23:37
Thanks Mamiko & Tenshi for the very helpful information. I am certainly looking forward to visitng Tsukiji :)
by Susie rate this post as useful

station 2007/10/14 00:05
Can we get to Tsukiji easily from JR Shinbashi station?
by Saus rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/14 10:29
You can walk there in about 15 minutes. Consult maps for orientation.

Alternatively, you could walk to nearby Shiodome Station and ride the Oedo Line for one station to Tsukijishijo Station, however, it will probably take just as much time.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread