Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

weather in end november for hokkaido ? 2007/10/13 17:36
what is the weather in end november for hokkaido - sapporo , asahikawa , otaru? Will it be snowing by then?
by ben  

... 2007/10/13 19:05
sapporo/otaru:
Average daytime high: 5 degrees
Average nighttime low: -2 degrees
Average snow depth: 5 cm

asahikawa
Average daytime high: 2 degrees
Average nighttime low: -4 degrees
Average snow depth: 17 cm
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/13 19:05
Asahikawa received its first snow of this winter yesterday.

adviceble for trip in late november 2007/10/14 01:32
Is it adviceble for winter in end november?Would I see winter wonderland in hokkaido - sapporo , asahikawa?
by ben rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/14 10:34
Yes, you should be able to see winter wonderland of some regions of Hokkaido in late November. Asahikawa has a relatively high chance of snow, while Sapporo does not. To make sure to see snow, I would consider a trip to a winter sport resort, such as Niseko.

rain in sapporo in end nov? 2007/10/14 11:55
Will there be rain in sapporo ?
I will be there on 30 nov.
Are the winds strong?
Thanks for your help.

... 2007/10/14 15:52
Will there be rain in sapporo ?

I gave you the average temperatures for Sapporo before. It usually rains when the temperature is above zero degrees, and it snows when the temperature is below 0 degrees.

Are the winds strong?

Not sure.

The weather of lake akan? 2007/10/14 16:46
weather of lake akan on 29 nov?
chances of snowing on 29 nov?

... 2007/10/14 17:09
Lake Akan:
average daytime high: 2 degrees
average nighttime low: -8 degrees
average snow depth: 11cm

Sapporo to Asahikawa 2007/10/14 23:33
In early Dec,

what's cheapest way to go from sapporo to asahikawa?

If we want to see snow, not skiing, is it easier to walk around in Niseko or in Asahikawa?

what's cheapest way from sapporo to niseko?
by pan rate this post as useful

winter wear for hokkaido 2007/10/15 01:16
Is it a must for down parka winter jacket for cold temperatures in hokkaido on end nov?Places like sapporo,asahikawa,lake akan.

... 2007/10/15 08:23
what's cheapest way to go from sapporo to asahikawa?

Highway bus.

If we want to see snow, not skiing, is it easier to walk around in Niseko or in Asahikawa?

Asahikawa is a city. Niseko is a town in the countryside. I think Niseko would be better. There is also more snow than in Asahikawa.

what's cheapest way from sapporo to niseko?

By bus.

weather in noboribetsu? 2007/10/15 20:30
weather in noboribetsu on 26 and 27 nov? Snow? include lake toya

... 2007/10/16 11:36
Noboribetsu:
Average daytime high: 6 degrees
Average nighttime low: -2 degrees
Average snow depth: 1 cm

weather in hokkaido 2007/10/16 19:16
Asahikawa 28 nov weather and snow?
Sapporo 30 nov weather and snow?

... 2007/10/28 09:04
see above

Suggestions 2007/10/28 13:49
Uji, I will visit Hokkaido for 7 days from Nov 22. I will stay in Sapporo for 3 days. During this time I will visit Otaru. Then, I will use Hokkaido 3 day rail pass and go down to Hakodate for 2 1/2 days. During this time I will visit Onuma Lake. Any ideas on other things to see along the way? I want to make good use of the pass. I know Noboribetsu is on the route, But I will pass on that this time.
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

niseko in mid november 2007/10/28 19:42
hi,

wondering will there be any winter sports activity in early november til mid november in Niseko (Hirafu)?

Is there any recommended spots to see snow in Hokkaido during this period? (1 Nov til 15 Nov)

Btw, can anyone recommend accomodation (not more than 10000 yen for 2 persons per night) which easily accessed by train/bus in Niseko?

thanks.
by chanique rate this post as useful

Sapporo and Otaru 2007/10/29 00:17
Otaru is charming. If it's open you might want to go to the aquarium which you can reach by bus. My daughter and I really enjoyed that. It will certainly be cold this time of year. In Sapporo you might also enjoy the "Chocolate Factory". They make famous cookies there and have an interesting museum. If you pay extra you can actually bake cookies complete with chef's hat. We had a lot of fun doing that.
by Happee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread