Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

international call from japan 2007/10/14 21:19
i have family in u.s.a. and also in mexico and im here for vacations so i need to call them, i got a phone card next to a gray phone but i was trying and i don:t know please i need help.
by jersey girl  

. 2007/10/19 20:04
Your best bet is probably a Brastel card. You can pick them up in most conbinis. Use the payment slips inside the pack to charge the card at the conbini till (usually in lots of 2000Y).
From any phone, dial the (free) number on the back of the card. There will be a menu asking you which language you want. Then it will ask you to enter your access code. Scratch the silver panel off the back of the card and enter the number you find there. Now dial the number you want to call (including international dialling code). You should now be connected.
It's easy to use and fairly good value.
by Sutefu rate this post as useful

using the correct codes? 2007/10/20 08:54
Your phone card next to the grey phone should have worked, although for a short time as that is an expensive way to call.

Did you enter them number correctly, including the international code (001 to start) and country code, (then 1 for the States or 52 for Mexico), then the area code leaving out the zero, then the actual number?

If all else fails you can call a US operator and ask for a collect call to your family in the US, did you know that? If you call 00-539-111 you should be connected with an American operator who can place a collect call for you.

Brastel is one of the cheaper ways to call but you will still need to input the country code and area code (without the 0), and then your family's number, all correctly, to be connected.

by Sira rate this post as useful

option 2007/10/20 10:09
hi buddy,
If you have an internet connection, go for skype. its clear and also works out well. if you aren't worrying about clarity then you can opt between globe7 and yahoo. I would recommend skype.

if u dont have internet, go for brastel cards as suggested above. its good!
by shhhh rate this post as useful

thank you 2007/10/31 00:22
thanks for all your advises I'm so happy now I just called everybody...bye
by japan traveler rate this post as useful

reply to this thread