Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

12 day itinerary, please advise 2007/10/25 11:19
Hi all, i am travellin to Japan for 12 days. Please advise me on the following itinerary as all of us (4 girls) haven't been to Japan before. We'll be doing free & easy.

28Oct Sun - Arrive at Narita @ 0730h. Will take a shikansen to Nagoya(which will be our base). Will explore around Nagoya for the day.

29Oct Mon 0 Kyoto - Plan to do a walk starting at Ginkakuji temple down the Path of Philosohy, then to Yasaka shrine and Kiyomizu temple..will spend the evening at Gion area & Nishi Ichiba then back to Nagoya. Is a walk entirely on foot possible? Is kiyomuzu better to visit in the evening or morning? Is the Nishi food mkt open at night?

30 Oct Tue - Kyoto - visit the Kinkakuji temple, Ryoanji temple and probably do some walks. Back to Nagoya in the evening Any advise on other attraction to see?some quiet areas?

31 Oct - Wed - Osaka - Universal studios - walk around some areas. Then back to Nagoya

1 Nov Thurs - Osaka - Nara - Will go to Nara in the morning..spend half a day at the Nara park and Todaiji temple ..then back to Osaka to visit Kaiyukan Aquarium. Will visit Hep 5 and do some shopping. Back to nagoya

2 Nov fri - Osaka/Kyoto - Himeiji - Visit Himeji Castle in the mornin and spend the other half of the day at osaka or kyoto. which is more advisble? Is the Spa world in osaka worth a visit?? Back to Nagoya

3 Nov sat - Off to Hakone. Will get the Hakone weekend pass and complete the round course. Stayover at Hakone atat Kanagawa region. (Senkei Plaza inn).
As our 7day rail pass will expire on the 3rd, please advise how we can get back to Tokyo from Hakone?

4 Nov Sun - Leave Hakone and arrive at Tokyo - thinking to go visit some cosplay. which area would be good? At night, Odaiba

5 Nov Mon - Disneyland

6 -8 Nov - Tokyo (have yet to decide on the details)

9 Nov - Narita and flying back Singapore..what is the best way to get back to Narita? Is NEX most advisible? Then should i get the NEX + Suica package when i arrive at Narita on DAy 1?

Please advise me on feasibility of the plan..esp at Osaka and Kyoto. THanks@!
by Elysees  

Japan Trip 2007/10/29 02:00
I don't think you are accounting for the time travel will take from one place to the next and back again--especially for your trips back and forth from Nagoya to Osaka and then Kyoto, etc. You say you are arriving at Narita at 7:30 in the morning. You have to allow for customs, exchanging money and getting your JR pass exchanged. I don't even know if the JR office is open before 10:00--although, you may be able to get your passes at the ticket counter. Then, it's over an hour on the Narita Express to Tokyo. Then, you have to get the train to Nagoya. I don't see you getting to Nagoya until early afternoon--at the earliest.

The Narita Express is certainly the fastest way to go. There is another train that goes back and forth from Ueno that is fast too--can't think of the name--you might want to get that on the way back as it is cheaper than the Narita Express and actually quite nice.

If I were you I would think about spending a night or two in Osaka or Kyoto instead of all the back and forth to Nagoya.

Have a good time! I know you will have a ball!
by Happee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread