Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

Need some help translating this email 2007/10/29 16:07
お問い合わせありがとうございます。
English はできませんので、日本語でごめんなさい。
お問い合わせの件、当社のフォントはざんねんながら、
日本いがいでは、販売しておりません。また、販売手段も
ありません。ご了承ください。
どなたか、お知り合いに日本におすまいの方がおられましたら
購入してもらって、ジョーニさんへ送ってもらうことが
できそうですが、いかがでしょうか。
by CJ  

Translation 2007/10/30 10:32
CJ,

The company does not sell their fonts outside Japan, so the only way is to get a friend in Japan to purchase them and send them on to you.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/30 11:13
Hi Dave,

Thanks. How do you say ''I can wire money in Japanese yen from my bank'' in Japanese?

CJ
by CJ rate this post as useful

Yen 2007/10/30 11:20
CJ,

I would write something like...
こちらの銀行から円で送金できます。
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/30 12:49
HiDave,

Thanks for the help.

What does the following mean?

円で良いです。お手数おかけして垂オ訳ありません。よろしくお願いいたします。銀行に連絡をしなければなりませんので送金完了いたしましたら、またメールを頂けると助かります。よろしくお願いいたします。

I can managed to mark out that:

Yen is good. (something here can't seems to understand). Please contact your bank to do the wire transfer and contact us when you have finished?...

Not sure if it is right...

... 2007/10/30 15:36
"Yen would be OK. Sorry to cause you trouble. I need to contact (my) bank, so it would be helpful if you could e-mail me once you've completed the remittance procedure. thank you."

By the way, if you are wiring money from an overseas bank account to one in Japan, just one thing to note (just in case you were not aware): BOTH your bank outside Japan and the seller's bank in Japan charge fee on the remittance/handling, so please be sure that you check the fees and/or send a bit extra amount over (I've had cases where a total of 3,000 yen was charged for one remittance) so that the seller will receive the full amount.
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/30 16:12
Hi AK,

I found the bank website and the following are the fees for oversea remittance. Though I am not too good in Japanese so I am not sure if there is an added 0.05% fees on top of the 4000 yen...

手数料(消費税は非課税)
海外の金融機関へ送金をされる場合、以下の手数料がかかります。

円貨(円普通預金からの出金、円現金)で送金される場合
以下の3つの手数料が必要となります。

お手続きの方法により手数料が異なりますので、詳細はお取引店にお問い合わせください。

海外送金手数料 4,000円
弊行の海外店・連携銀行宛 3,500円
関係銀行手数料 2,500円
送金の中継銀行、受取銀行で発生する手数料です。
(送金依頼人負担、受取人負担のいずれかを指定していただきます。)
中継銀行、受取銀行により金額が異なることがございます。
円為替取扱手数料 送金金額の1/20%(0.05%)、最低2,500円
円貨建ての送金の場合に必要となります。

... 2007/10/30 18:05
It say no comsuption tax on 4,000 yen. This 4,000 is for this bank's fee to send money to outside Japan; it will be 3,500 for sending money to this bank's overseas branch/affiliated bank; in addition, there will be fees around 2,500 at either the bank in between (for handling the transfer) or at the recipient bank. (For this 2,500 or so amount, you specify which of the sender or the recipient is going to bear the cost). In addition, for handling exchange, there is another fee...

But sorry to ask, but where are you, and which bank are you trying to send money from? because this info. on fees is apparently for people who want to use this Japanese bank to SEND money TO an overseas bank (= outside Japan).

... 2007/10/30 18:29
Hi AK,

I am from Canada actually and my bank is TD Canada Trust. The receiver banks is 三井住友銀行

... 2007/10/30 18:49
I assume then that the Japanese fee list was from Sumitomo Mitsui Bank? That was for someone IN JAPAN wishing to send money through Sumitomo Mitsui Bank TO a bank outside Japan.

I guess then you will need to find out from your Canadian bank how much they charge you upfront for handling your remittance. In addition, you will be paying the fee that the recipient is charged upon receiving the money; I just checked Sumitomo Mitsui Bank's fees for someone in Japan who wants to receive money FROM overseas: it's 2,500 yen if you send in Yen. If there is any "intermediary" bank involved, you will need to pay for that too.

I think when you go to your bank and ask to make a remittance, they will ask you how much you need to send, then add their fee on top, and ask you if you will be paying for all other fees (such as the one charged by the recipient bank, or by the intermediary bank if any), and upon you saying yes, they will charge you the other fees later when they know the amount.

... 2007/10/30 23:57
I got a reply from the Japan company regarding the remittance fees:

ご連絡ありがとうございます。
先ほどは携帯電話よりのメールで失礼しました。
あらためてPCより送信いたします。

お問い合わせの件、円で送金できるようであれば、
それでお願いいたします。

そちらの銀行から 30000 振込みいただき、
その際の振込み手数料は銀行の指定の通貨で良いと
思います。日本での銀行で受け取り時にかかる
手数料は清和堂フォントが負担いたします。

送金が完了いたしましたら、メールでご連絡ください。
その際、CD-ROMの送り先の住所も教えていただけると
良いかと思います。

I assume it means the message sent earlier was a bit 'casual' because it was sent from a cell phone. It also mentioned that wire the exact 30000 yen through my bank and they will handle the transaction fees on their side. I assume I only need to handle my remittance fee on my end then?...

... 2007/10/31 08:10
I assume it means the message sent earlier was a bit 'casual' because it was sent from a cell phone. It also mentioned that wire the exact 30000 yen through my bank and they will handle the transaction fees on their side. I assume I only need to handle my remittance fee on my end then?...

Yes, you got it right. You can remit 30,000 yen and pay your bank's fee (in Canadian dollars I suppose), the recipient will bear the charge that THEIR bank charges them.

The last paragraph says: "Please e-mail us once you've completed the remittance. At that time please also give us the address to send the CD-ROM to."

... 2007/10/31 09:52
Thanks AK very much for the help. :)

Help me with this message? 2007/10/31 09:54
I have the same problem when trying to order things from Japan online shop. I got this email today from the company I ordered from:

弊社の製品には海外へ販売できる物とできない物が有ります。ご希望の製品について教えてください。
また、弊社は海外へ販売できるのはパッケージ製品のみになります。

そして、支払い条件としては電子マネなどは扱うことができないので、現金の銀行振り込みになります。
by Robert rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/31 10:06
Robert,

They are saying that they can sell only certain products overseas (package products only), so please let them know which one you want to buy. You would also need to make bank remittance (it is expensive as you can tell from the above posts with CJ), no electronic money accepted.

... 2007/11/1 16:06
I have ask for bank remittance details, however, I see that the company or person put 住所 for the address, does that mean it is a resident area?... (though I explicitly ask for bank address and bank's phone number)
by Robert rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/1 20:11
Robert,

住所 means "address" in general, not necessarily any person's residence. So it may well be the information you are looking for.

In Japan, when we make bank-to-bank remittance, the information we need (between Japanese banks) is the bank's name, branch name (and/or branch code number), account type, account number, and the accountholder's name. So it may not occur to them that they need to give you the bank's street address :)

(If you want "bank name, bank branch name, and that branch's address" in Japanese, it is 銀行名、支店名、及びその支店の住所.)

argh... 2007/11/1 23:46
Hi,

I was trying to make the remittance early today at my bank only to find out that I also need the account person's address. Since I have already asked for bank address and telephone number. I am wondering how I should reply the company with this additional information and wish to apologize for the trouble...

Would this do? 2007/11/2 08:29
Whoops.

I guess you could simply say it like you just wrote...

再度お手数をおかけして垂オ訳ありませんが、今日送金をしようと銀行に行きましたところ、受取人(口座名義人)のご住所も必要なことがわかりました。お手数ですが、教えて頂けませんでしょうか。できたら、念のためローマ字でもお願いできると助かります。

(Sorry to bother you again. I went to the bank to make the remittance, only to find out that I also needed the address of the recipient (accountholder). Could please take the trouble to let me know the address. If possible, please also provide it romanized version just to be sure.)

Thank you so much AK 2007/11/2 09:14
Thank you so much for your help AK. I really appreciate your help on the Japanese. :)

PS: Wish you could be my personal Japanese tutor. :P Since I still got lots more to learn... heh

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 27

1 2
next

reply to this thread