Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Quilt Shows and Quilting Fabric Shopping 2007/10/30 02:19
I will be in Japan Mid Nov. until Mid Dec. wonder if there are any quilt shows happening at that time. I will be in Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo, Yokohama and some other areas close by to these. Also, does anyone know of shops selling quilting fabric?? I can buy fabric here in Canada but most of it is from the USA so am more interested in Japanese fabrics - also any places where I might learn about indigo dyeing?? I am interested in mostly cotton fabrics for quilting.
by Murchie  

Yuzawa-ya & Fabric Town in Tokyo 2007/11/14 23:12
Hi Murchie, I live in Tokyo and know some shops that sell Japanese quilting fabrics. The biggest is Yuzawaya in Kichijoji. A smaller but very 'local' place is at Shimo-Kitazawa Station Another area Fabric Town near Nippori station in Tokyo. email me if you want more details.
by Gina rate this post as useful

thanks for the info 2007/11/15 02:26
Thanks so much for the info, I will be in Tokyo for a few days and would love to visit these areas. I would like to ask more questions about fabrics available - can I email you directly? I am new to this forum - it is extremely helpful!!!! Thanks again if email is not possible!
by murchie rate this post as useful

Fabric shops in Tokyo 2007/11/15 04:44
My friend returned from Tokyo & raved about 2 shops: Kinkado in Ikebukuro, 2nd and 3rd floors packed with cloth and sewing supplies. Tomato in Nippori is 5-story bldg. on the Yamanote Line. I haven't seen those shops, but will be going in April 2008 so I'll watch this forum to see what else anyone has to say. I have been to Yuzawaya in Kamata, nothing like it in U.S. Also in Osaka went to a 4th floor fabric store (ABC?) across from Kintetsu Dept. Store. In Dotonbori shopping arcade found a fabulous fabric seller (you snip pieces of fabric for them to pull). I threw out a sweatshirt just to make more room for all the fabric I bought!
by Hawaiijin rate this post as useful

I agree 2007/11/15 04:58
It is amazing what we will throw out, just to get in fabric!! Thanks for the information -- I will be headed there in a couple of weeks - taking lots of gifts for friends in Japan, so will have all that space to fill up!!!
by Murchie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread