Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

charges per email send by hp in japan 2007/11/1 21:00
Hi i'm new here. Would like to find out some information about japan. i'm a singaporean and my friend live in japan. i send email to keep in touch with her, but she is using her japan handphone to send or reply message to me instead of computer as she is out station all the time. Just wana check how much is the charges on per email she send or reply to me? Can anyone who lives in japan help me with this?
by serene  

cellphone emails 2007/11/2 09:46
It depends on her cellphone provider and the package she has signed up for. For me, one email to anywhere is 20 yen, but unless I go over a certain number of emails per month (and I email quite a lot!), I don't pay any extra on my bill, just the usual package rate, so basically it costs me nothing to send them.

It might be like this for your friend, or she might be on a different kind of package.
by Sira rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/2 09:49
Depending on the usage plan she has she could be paying a flat rate for unlimited emails per month or by her data usage. It's not a flat rate per email but by how much information is being sent. When I send emails to Japanese cellphones I delete all the footer information and try to keep the message to just text to save space.

Anyway an example of my plan would be that I can either pay a flat rate of about 1000 yen per month for unlimited emails, or pay about .15 yen per 128bytes of info. Actually I'm not positive about those numbers but you get the idea.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/2 09:52
20 yen per email? Sounds expensive. What carrier are you using, and what's your basic plan cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread