Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Intersting activities for Winter? 2007/11/4 08:25
Hi all, I am going for a post-exam trip with a friend from 1st of February till the 26th of of Feb, and I was wondering what different kinds of activities are available or the best to do during the winter months?
Some I have already planned:
skiing- where is the best place to do this?
visiting temples in Kyoto and Nikko etc.
What else should we plan to do? Interests include bonsai, culture, FOOD!, trekking etc, but I am open to any suggestions!
I can speak basic Japanese, so I am *hoping* I can make my way around, but also keep in mind we are on a semi-tight budget.
Thanks for you time, Rowan
by Rowan  

... 2007/11/4 08:31
skiing- where is the best place to do this?

See here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2262.html

Other ideas:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623a.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/11/4 12:08
I don't know how I didn't see that list..
I was wondering on some other Winter specific activities.
And out of curiosity, what is the best place you have visited in Japan, or the best experience you have had?
Cheers, Rowan
by Rowan rate this post as useful

Winter Activities 2008/1/15 11:34
When I was in Japan I went to an onsen village called Kusatsu in winter which was great. You can go in Nautral outdoor hotsprings, surrounded by snow. it's quite spectacular.

Many other things are great. I highly recommend going to Kamakura. I went just after it had snowed in early spring I think. It left a lasting impression. You can also see the daibutsu (Big Budda) there which is spectacular.

If in tokyo. the Mori art Gallery/City view was a favourite of mine. You pay and get entry to an exhibition and the view. Amazing both during the day and at night and really gives you an idea of how huge tokyo is.
by Kate rate this post as useful

reply to this thread