Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR pass for night train on the last day? 2007/11/4 11:38
I plan to use 7-day JR pass for my trip between Tokyo to Hiroshima.

I just wonder whether JP pass covers the night train, Sunrise Seto/Izumo, from Okayama to Tokyo leaving at the 7th night and arriving Tokyo the next morning or not.

And is there any surchage for JP pass holder on Sunrise Seto/Izumo?
by Noom  

... 2007/11/4 18:17
I just wonder whether JP pass covers the night train, Sunrise Seto/Izumo, from Okayama to Tokyo leaving at the 7th night and arriving Tokyo the next morning or not

Yes, according the rules, the trip would be fully covered, but I am not sure whether all JR staff is aware of that rule.

And is there any surchage for JP pass holder on Sunrise Seto/Izumo?

Not if you use the "nobinobi" compartments. But note that these compartments are very popular, and an early reservation is recommended.
by Uji rate this post as useful

JR pass is valid for night train 2007/11/18 02:53
I used the JR pass for the train journey on the Sunrise Seto from Okayama to Tokyo, on the 7th day of validity of my JR pass, for the nobi nobi reserved seat carriage. I faced no problems at all with the ticket checks.
by Hao rate this post as useful

Thank you... 2007/11/18 22:26
Thanks...Uji and Hao
by Noom rate this post as useful

JR PASS USE ON 7th DAY 2007/12/7 02:39
Hi there,
purchased a 7 day JR pass and
planning to use my first trip on DEC10th in the morning from OsaKa, However my plans were to leave from Tokyo back to OSaka to catch a plane on Dec17th around 2PM. That would make it 7 days and 4 hours.. is that possible or pass expires on the dot 7 days later?
by Rod rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/7 08:25
The Japan Rail Pass' validity is based on calendar days (midnight to midnight). If you start using it on the 10th, it will expire at the end of the 16th. You can't use it on the 17th unless you ride on a train at midnight (as discussed in this thread).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread