Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sap abap jobs in yokohama 2007/11/5 01:03
I am an sap abap consultant and working with one of the top 1 MNC ompany in india, my husband is flying to japan(yokohama) on a training visa for 2 years,but his company in inida is not sponsering for a dependent visa for me.now i am in a dilema , as my present company does not have an office in yokohama and i need to find a job in yokohama .
firstly i want to know if i have to apply for an sap abap job in japan what is the procedure ?

secondly are there good opurtunities to find sap jobs in yokohama ?

thirdly if my husband goes on a training visa to japan can he take me on a dependent visa and if yes wht are the procedures to apply ?

Thanks in advance
bobsie
by bobsie  

As far as I know.... 2007/11/5 16:51
Please check the exact status under which your husband is going to Japan. If your husband is going on a "trainee" visa, I don't think the spouse is eligible for "dependent" status. If he is going on any of the visa categories listed under table (a) excluding "diplomat" and "official," the spouse is eligible. For example, if he is going on an "intra-company transferee" status, for example, on a training program to a branch in Japan, you will be eligible. Please see the different visa types and the explanation:
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/04.html

And provided that your husband's status is something that allows work, and even if you could somehow obtain the "dependent" status, I believe that only part-time work is allowed for you under this status (through application for permission to engage in activities other than those allowed under the original status), so please take that into consideration as well as your husband's pay and housing and other conditions.

Does your current employer have an office in Tokyo? Tokyo and Yokohama are within commuting distance. If your company can send you over on intra-company transferee status, that might be the simplest. Do you speak any Japanese?

If you try to find employment on your own in Japan, most probably you will need to be able to speak/read Japanese. Also the employer in Japan will have to sponsor you for a work-permitting visa, therefore it might take some time to arrange for everything.
by AK rate this post as useful

sap jobs in yokohama 2007/11/5 23:04
thanks so much AK for ur timely help.....my company has a branh in tokyo but since there are no projects i will not have any chances of going there thru them , for time being i will have to get an update from my husbands company as on which visa is he been sent to japan,will get back to you friend in case i have queries.
Regards and thanks a zillion
bobsie
by bobsie rate this post as useful

reply to this thread