Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help with translation? 2007/11/10 04:43
So, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo someday, consisting of a japanese sentence, to my back. I don't know if it can be called philosophical or anything, but it goes ''No fate but what we make''. It's actually a quote from Terminator2, so at least it's cool if not anything else.
Help with this would be greatly appreciated.
by Mikko  

too long for your back? ^^; 2007/11/13 23:31
運命でなく自分自身にある
by lulu rate this post as useful

Arigatou! 2007/11/15 03:14
^_^

I forgot mentioning earlier: Could someone say how that reads in romaji because I don't know much about the kanjis there?
by Mikko rate this post as useful

Just a suggestion 2007/11/15 06:40
I think the only thing you can do is to re-phrase it "We have no choice but to make/find our own fate." That would be 運命は自分で切り開くしかない (unmei wa jibun de kirihiraku shika nai), which is good as a phrase/sentence but since it's a bit lengthy, it's not going to really look... cool. Please look at other threads asking for translations for tattoo as well; a lot of people who help here do feel that it's better to get good tattoo in the language you know and in a style that you can check, rather than trying out something in a language you/the tattooist don't know (potential for wrong kanjis used/sloppiily written) in a font you don't know (you don't know if it's newspaper font style or elaborate script or exaggerated old-fashioned style).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread