Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Yuzawa 2007/11/11 01:12
I'm planning a day trip from Tokyo to Yuzawa between 17 Dec to 21 Dec 07 & have the following queries:

a) any event/festival to be held at Yuzawa during the above period so that we can plan our trip to Yuzawa to see these events/festivals?

b) I'm visiting Yuzawa with my family & children aged 5, 4 & 2 years old. As we don't ski or snowboard, what other outdoor winter activities/sightseeing do you recommend us/our children?

c) Are there any play area within Yuzawa where we can let our children play with snow?

d) Will there be any fireworks display by any resort at Yuzawa during my above period of travel?

e) In the winter season, Yuzawa town holds a series of the events under the theme "snow and shining lights. Any idea if any of these events will be held between 17 Dec to 21 Dec 07?

f) Are there any snow tobogganing and/or sledding activities for children at Yuzawa during my above period of travel? if so, where can I go for above snow tobogganing and/or sledding activities for children at Yuzawa?

g) does anyone know if Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort will be opened during the period between 17 December 07 to 21 December 07?

h) What's the opening & closing hours of Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort between the period 17 December 07 to 21 December 07?

i) Other than paying for the Yuzawa Kogen Ropeway ticket if we want to take the Yuzawa Kogen Ropeway to the top, do we have to pay any other admission ticket for entering the Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort &/or any of the Yuzawa Kogen Ski Slope even though we are not going to ski/snowboard or not taking the chair lift (in other words, we just want to visit the Ski Slope &/or Ski Resort for the experience but NOT going to ski/snowboard or take the chair lift?

Hope to hear from anyone who knows the answer to the above. We've sent email to the Yuzawa Tourism body & the Yuzawa Kogen Ski resort but no reply from them todate. Thanks.
by pristine  

... 2007/11/19 11:30
I can answer some of your questions.

c) Are there any play area within Yuzawa where we can let our children play with snow?

Most of the ski resorts, including Yuzawa Kogen, have a children's play area.
http://www.yuzawakogen.com/ski/kids.html

g) does anyone know if Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort will be opened during the period between 17 December 07 to 21 December 07?

The ski slopes may not be open, but the ropeway should be open year round.

h) What's the opening & closing hours of Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort between the period 17 December 07 to 21 December 07?

8-9 during the ski season.

i) Other than paying for the Yuzawa Kogen Ropeway ticket if we want to take the Yuzawa Kogen Ropeway to the top, do we have to pay any other admission ticket for entering the Yuzawa Kogen Ski Resort &/or any of the Yuzawa Kogen Ski Slope even though we are not going to ski/snowboard or not taking the chair lift (in other words, we just want to visit the Ski Slope &/or Ski Resort for the experience but NOT going to ski/snowboard or take the chair lift?

You should only have to pay for the ropeway tickets (1500 yen adult, 800 yen child). There are some play areas at the park that have entrance fees (300 yen I think, but I'm not sure).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/24 02:10
Is the 1500Yen fare on the ropeway for one way or return? If we don't ski or snowboard but would like to visit the resort for the kids to play snow and have lunch, is it possible to take the ropeway to the resort and then back to the train station? Many thanks!
by Susie rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/26 14:30
that's roundtrip. It's 800 yen one way.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread