Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

view of Mt. Fuji on JR Tokaido line? 2007/11/11 16:08
Hi ,

I am visiting Japan in December. Will it be possible to see Mt. Fuji on JR Tokaido train from Tokyo to Odawara? which side of the train should i sit?

If i would like to spend like half day in Hakone.. how can i get there from Odawara train station?

Thank you so much.
by monkey brat  

Odawara 2007/11/12 22:54
Odawara is too early. But from Odawara you can get to Hakone area and make the loop as mentioned in this japan-guide. From Owakudani and from lake Ashi good sight of Fuji san on a cloudless, clear day.
by Peter rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/20 08:15
If visibility is good, you can see Mount Fuji from many many places in the Greater Tokyo area, including from the JR Tokaido Line between Tokyo and Odawara. For a close-up view you will have to go beyond Odawara.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Can be seen from near Odawara 2007/11/20 08:21
Actually you can see Mt. Fuji quite clearly from the Tokaido Line just before Odawara station, if it is clear. Sit on the right hand side of the train going south from Tokyo/ Yokohama. By the time you get to Odawara station the Fuji disappears behind the mountains to the west of the station.

It is also possible to see it from the Tokaido Line a lot further north at some points, but it is quite distant and you would only spot it if the air was exceptionally clear and you knew where to look.

I used to commute on the Tokaido Line and have been to Odawara a number of times and saw Mt. Fuji almost every time.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread