Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku-ku (Keio Plaza Hotel) 2007/11/12 02:26
I will staying at this hotel for one night next week. What can I visit at night? Good shopping, and inexpensive food.
Is it worthwhile to visit the
Harajuku area at night?
Thanks.
by jessica  

Department Stores and Kabukicho 2007/11/12 22:39
There are many department stores around the station, which is just a walk away from Keio Plaza. Japanese Department stores are destinations by themselves. You can also visit the red light district Kabukicho, also walking distance.
by pcm rate this post as useful

Shinjuku 2007/11/13 05:52
Jessica,

I've stayed at the Keio. Itfs nice. Located west or southwest from the Shinjuku station. You can get some good information from the concierge desk. A lot depends on what you are looking for, what time of the evening, etc. Some of the Large hotels have music and dance.

What to do? Start by reviewing the pages here on Japan-guide, then jump to other sources.

I suggest a walk down Shomben Yokocho ("Piss Alley"). It is a collection small shops and restaurants located between the train tracks and the side of the Odakyu Department store. (Between the West Exit and East Exit of Shinjuku station.) A real gSalaryman/Officewomanh environment.

This is on the way toward Kabukicho.
Kabukicho is okay, but if you want something more mature and funkyWill you be alone?How is your Japanese?I suggest take a walk on the darker sidecGolden Gai. Several small streets filled with little bars and music spots. It is located west of Hanaono Jinja (Shrine). A lot of artist and writers still hang out there.

Shopping and food is also found down Yasukuni Dori or Shinjuku Dori. Just remember that you should look upwards, because many restaurants are on upper levels. You will find ground floor joints on the side streets.
For a little music: see what is going on at the Pit. http://www.pit-inn.com/index_e.html

If you are willing to go over to Roppongi for some jazz, try Alfee. 6-2-35 Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo Tel: 81-3-3479-2037 or Birdland. 3-10-3 Roppongi Minato-ku Tokyo Tel: 81-3-3478-3456. Call or have the hotel call to find out what is on before you go.

Check out this map: http://www.tcvb.or.jp/en/infomation/2area/map/07map_shinjuku...

Good luck
Tenshi
by Tenshi rate this post as useful

eating around Keio plaza 2007/11/13 16:56
Several eating places just behing Keio Plaza.
Just follow the crowd walking towards Shinjuku station.. you will bump into small Ramen shops..Standing Sushi (belt sushi - without chairs).. Sushi shops.. Mcdonalds..curry shop...
interesting... a couple of electrical shops round the bus stations.. where you can find a wie variety of Handphones and games...

Shopping wise... try the undeground shopping belt just at the JR stations..small shops and also lots of cafe and ramen shops..

enough to take up your 1 day in Keio Plaza...
by kiko rate this post as useful

reply to this thread