Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Types of bus passes at Nikko Station? 2007/11/12 18:06
Hi, family of 4 going to Nikko on Nov 29 via JR Shinkansen (Tokyo-to-Utsunomiya-to-JR Nikko Stn) as we will be using our JR Rail Pass.
From the JR Nikko Stn, we intend to buy bus passes that can take us to Lake Chuzenji, Kegon Falls and the Kinugawa area for the Western Village, Tobu world Square etc...)

I would like to know what are the bus-passes to buy and the costs for trips to these places. Thank you.
by bernard  

Nikko 2007/11/13 17:42
As far as I know all passes for Nikko area include the train fare from Tokyo-Asakusa station to Nikko .See: http://www.tobuland.com/foreign/index.html
Bus from Nikko to lake is around Yen 1100. Further details see: http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/rtg/pdf/pg-302.pdf
by Peter rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/13 18:30
I know there is Tobu bus pass, that you can buy either from Tobu or JR Nikko station, for unlimited ride between JR Nikko and Chuzenji Lake (you are free to get on/get off anywhere within this segment) for 2,000 yen. At the station, ask for Chuzenji Onsen Pass. (As one way fare is 1,100 yen or so, as mentioned by Peter, this pass pays off even if you simply made a return trip from/to the lake.

I'm not aware of any bus pass that covers Kinugawa area in addition. Getting to Kinugawa involves taking a train or two (see the link given above by Peter).
by AK rate this post as useful

Nikko - different passes... 2007/11/14 13:19
Hello,

I am planing to go to Nikko this weekend (for one day) and there are two passes - and I don't now which one is better for me...
I definitely would like to see the shrines and temples and now I am thinking of going also to lake Chuzenji and Kegon falls - do I have enough time to do this in one day?
So if I take the world heritage pass I have to add 2200 Yen for the bus to the lake and if I take the all nikko pass I have to add 1000 Yen for the entrance fee (temple and shrines) - is this correct?

Thank you so much for your help!
by Barbara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread