Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Help needed: Narita express 2007/11/15 02:15
I will be staying at Shinjuku Prince hotel. I will be taking the Narita Express, using the NEX/Suica package, from the airport. I will alight at Shinjuku Station right? My hotel is on top of Seibu-Shinjuku Station, can someone help to explain what is the difference between Seibu Shinjuku Station and the Shinjuku station that the Narita Express will be bypassing? How do I get to Shinjuku Prince hotel from the Shinjuku Station?

Another question, do I purchase the NEX/Suica Package at the airport or can I do it online?

Thank you very much.
by alhp  

Shinjuku? 2007/11/15 09:28
Hi
The narita express is used only for major train stations
not local ones so it stops at
3 or 4 major stations only?.
Looking at the map from
http://www.tokyoessentials.com it appears your hotel is
about 5 minutes walk from
east exit. As shinjuku is such a huge station and really crowded at rush hour it would be ok to walk to the hotel outside of rush hours or even head for the
west exit and catch a taxi
at 650 yen first 2 kms? so maybe no more then 1000 yen?
if you have heavy bags or are
to tired. Myself I like a walk after the train ride.
If you want to take the loacl train then ask a guard
or jr worker at ticket gates.
Have the address down in large letters and ask what
track number as well.
I have never had any trouble at Shinjuku station apart from feeling very small at
rush hour ha ha.
Not sure if you can buy the
pass you want but the info desks at Narita will help no problem. I'm sure it has been covered here in the past
so do a search on the pass
name.
Good luck
Kiwi
ps don't forget to have your hotel address writtern down to. They should provide a map on there web site so print it as well.

by Kiwi rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/15 10:00
Seibu Shinjuku Station is operated by Seibu Railways, while Shinjuku Station is a Station of the JR Company (and other railway companies), the stations are very very close to each other you can walk to it very easily. The Shinjuku Prince Hotel was one of the very first hotels I've stayed at in Tokyo years go when I visited, I remmeber it clearly and walk past it on a regular basis.

Don't take a taxi from Shinjuku Station to Seibu Shinjuku Station, I don't know if the taxi driver will tell you how to walk there or start laughing, or if they're do it by driving in a circle.

When arriving at SHinjuku Station, take the EAST EXIT. When you take the east exit turn left and walk for a few minutes, you can't miss the Shinjuku Prince, it looks exactly like the pictures of it.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/15 10:01
You buy the Suica and NEX at the airport.
by John rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/11/17 00:05
Thank you very much! I guess I will walk there after alighting at Shinjuku Station. Now I understand the difference between the 2 stations.
by alhp rate this post as useful

reply to this thread