Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2007 late fall colors, where to see? 2007/11/15 09:02
I am coming to Osaka Nov 21 for a week. I just saw a Japan newscast saying the fall colors were delayed this year so I assume there won't be much fall color around Osaka and Kyoto. Please advise where I could go by train to see the fall colors. Thank you.
by fn  

Beautiful fall foliage 2007/11/15 11:21
Osaka---Osaka castle
Mino Park

Kyoto---Higashiyama includes Kiyomizu-temple, Arashiyama, Kinkakuji-temple(golden pavilion) and so on.

There are a lot of places to enjoy viewing colorful foliage!

Have a nice trip!
by yumi rate this post as useful

autumn leaf 2007/11/15 11:42
Arashiyama Monkeypark (Kyoto)
is vewy nice autumnleaves around next week till early December. they lightup twees at night. 500yen entrance fee
by hodad rate this post as useful

Update on fall colors, back from trip 2007/12/1 13:04
I was in the Kansai area from Nov 21 to 27. I went to Koyasan in the mountains on Nov 22 and it was very cold and the fall colors were displayed in patches in Koya City, but still a lot of green areas. Arashiyama in Kyoto was better in its fall colors on Nov 23. Nov 25 I went to Himeji Castle where the fall colors were way, way better. Nov 27 I went to Nara and the fall colors there were exceptional, the most brilliant I've seen!
by fn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread