Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Tower Hotel 2007/11/16 18:00
Hi, does anyone have experience living in the hotels in the Kyoto Tower chain (Kyoto Tower Hotel, Kyoto Dai-ni Tower Hotel, dan Kyoto Tower Hotel Annex) and booking through their onine reservation system? I tried navigating through their online reservation system (my knowledge of Japanese is limited so I could only guess the meaning of some of the words), however their price seems to be different from the one advertised on their English page (information on hotel and rates available in English, but reservation system only in Japanese).

For example, a twin room package (no breakfast) on 24 Dec (seems to be) priced at 9800 yen in Dai-ni booking page, but in English page is 13,000`19,000. Am I guessing wrongly or this is some kind of special Internet rate?

Thanks for the answers.
by William  

... 2007/11/18 10:14
I have never stayed there but in reading the website, the price for Dec 24th (twin without B/F) is indeed 9800 yen. My understanding is that the price mentioned on the English page (actually same price is indicated on the Japanese page, too) is just a regular rack rate while the price on the reservation page is actual one for a specific date.
by JLady rate this post as useful

Kyoto Tower Hotel 2007/11/18 14:03
While I can't answer your question about pricing, beware that the Kyoto Tower Hotel is located on possibly the busiest street corner in the city, opposite the Kyoto Railway Station, and could be quite noisy in those rooms on the 2 sides that face the streets
by Marshall Davies rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/18 20:08
Hello.

I stayed at the "Kyoto Tower Hotel Annex" last October and found it a nice, western-style hotel with small but clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is really close to Kyoto Station but situated in one of the quieter back streets. As one of the previous posters mentioned, the square around the station itself is a very busy area.

As of the online reservation, I made mine through "http://japanhotelsonline.net". A credit card is required. The final price for the night of December 24th seems to be 9450 yen for a twin room used by two people. I had no problems at all with this website and definitely reccomend it. Unfortunately, I cannot speak Japanese, so I am unable to determine why the prices seem to be different in the official Japanese/English websites.

Hope this helps.
by Angel rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2007/11/19 13:56
Thank you for all the answers - they are very helpful.

Angel: I'll check out http://japanhotelsonline.net. The price they are offering seems cheaper than other English language booking sites.
by William rate this post as useful

Just another question 2007/11/19 20:02
Just another question, Angel, since you've stayed in the hotel before. How is the bed in this hotel? Hard or not too bad to sleep on? I'm trying to decide whether to stay at this Tokyo Tower Annex or Toyoko-Inn at Shijo Karasuma (apparently the mattress at Toyoko is quite hard). Both have strong and weak points so I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now.
by William rate this post as useful

Prices 2007/11/19 20:13
Hi, I'm actually staying at the Kyoto tower on the 25th Dec. With the Japanese sites there do seem to be some special offers. Going through one of the deals (at: http://www.jalan.net/frame/menu_yoyaku.html) it worked out way cheaper (maybe 20 000 less) than the standard rate through English sites. Whilst I don't think there's a more expensive rate for the English sites, there are special deals from the Japanese ones. I've read a load of reviews (on the Japanese sites) and there is little to choose between them, though I guess as mentioned the ones right by the station might be a little noisy (and trains start running pretty early).
by Paul rate this post as useful

. 2007/11/20 06:49
Re: Toyoko Inn, it's a cheap business hotel and as a rule, they have a "lock out"
policy during the day. It means you cannot get into your room between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

question regarding kyoto tower 2007/11/20 17:37
i booked through the japanese site for the kyoto dai-ni tower hotel, n they sent me an email with the detail and a reservation #, so does that mean the reservation has been successful? im pretty sure it is but since i cant read japanese that well im not 100% sure.

one thing i found very odd on their website is that none of the plans offered there seems to have twin rooms (or it might have been fully booked?)
since we have 4 ppl, we ended up booking 4 rooms, 1 person in each room
by k4kobe rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/24 18:40
To William...

I think the individual beds in the "Kyoto Tower Hotel Annex" were quite average. They were a bit on the "soft" side rather than hard, but not too soft either. I found them comfortable, anyway. By the way, there were two different kinds of pillows in the room to choose from (I mention this because I had never seen such a thing in any place other than Japan).

I don't know if this has been of much help to make you decide, as I don't know exactly how hard or soft beds should be for you, but keep asking if you have further doubts and I will try to assist if possible.
by Angel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread