Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

1 day Tokyo 2007/11/17 23:11
Hi
I will be staying at Grand Prince Hotel Takanawa (Formerly Takanawa Prince Hotel) from 24-25 Nov. It is 5 min walk from Tokyo Shinagawa station.
I am considering below 2 possible schedules on 24 Nov. Can I know how to go from the below places to this hotel?
1. Disneysea„³Odaiba„³Takanawa Hotel
2. Disneysea„³Shinjuku/Harajuku/Shibuya„³Takanawa Hotel
Please teach me which train to take and transfer at which station.
I heard that there is early Christmas illumination at Odaiba, should I go to Odaiba or to Shinjuku area to experience Tokyo shopping? Which is more convenient?

Thank you.

by Mino  

one day 2007/11/18 13:44
When you say "1 day", do you mean you arrive at night, stay that night in Tokyo, then spend one whole day, stay another night, then leave the next morning??

If you are in Tokyo for only one day, why would you go to see an American theme park?? You might as well just go to Los Angeles.....
It might be good to see some Japanese culture.

If you have one whole day, you can't expect to go to DisneySea AND do anything else.

I would catch the JR Yokosuka Line early morning from Shinagawa to Kamakura, then head back to Tokyo about 3pm, go to Shibuya/Harajuku/Shinjuku.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

Shuttle bus 2007/11/18 14:50
Stayed there last year and if I rememeber correctly, there was a shuttle bus to Disneyland & Disneysea. You can e-mail the hotel and enquire.
by Geoffrey rate this post as useful

=) 2007/11/18 14:52
howdie

Disneysea(Maihama Station) - Odaiba
From Maihama Station take JR Musashino Line to Shinkiba Station then transfer to
TokyoMetro Yurakucho(subway) line to Toyosu Station then transfer to
Yurikamome Line to Odaiba Kaihin Kouen Station. (40minuets total)

From Odaiba Kaihin Kouen Station to Shinagawa Station;
Take Yurikamome Line to Shinbashi Station then transfer to JR Yamanote Line to Shinagawa Station

From TDS(Maihama) to Shinjuku;
Take JR Musashino Line to Tokyo Station then transfer to JR Chuou Line (rapid) to Shinjuku Station.
To Harajuku and Shibuya Station,change to JR Yamanote Line at Shinjuku Station. To Shinagawa Station, take JR Yamanote Line agian to Shinagawa.

sorry if it's too confusing :(
by hodad not densha geek rate this post as useful

oh btw luminas 2007/11/18 14:57
I heard that illumination at Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi is spectacular and for massive shopping I would say Harajuku,Omotesando area is great place to go and there are many illuminations also :)
by hodad rate this post as useful

1 day Tokyo 2007/11/18 23:11
Thanks everyone for your reply.

Please let me explain my schedule in further detail.

Actually I will be going on a 7 days Central Japan tour from 23 Nov-29 Nov. Once I reach Tokyo on 24 Nov morning, the tour guide will take me to Disneysea from Narita airport. The guide will pick us up at 5.00 pm to go somewhere for dinner, and then take us back to Takanawa Hotel. I will stay at Lake Saiko Hotel and Toyohashi Hotel for the next 2 nights, and then go to Osaka. So 24 Nov evening is the only time for me to explore Tokyo as those 2 hotels are quite far. So I plan to skip the dinner while my parents will follow the tour guide.

I am considering to go to either Odaiba or Harajuku/Shinjuku and then go back to Takanawa Hotel by myself. I will leave Disneysea at 5 pm and return to the hotel before midnight.

So can anyone advise me the fastest way to travel to these places from Disneysea and then back to Takanawa Hotel?
by Mino rate this post as useful

evening in Tokyo 2007/11/18 23:46
From Maihama station what is the railwystation for Disney World train to Tokyo station, change to the JR Chuo line to Shinjuku, take West exit and go to the Metropolitan Government Building, take elevator to observation platform ( free ), back to Shinjuku station, by JR Yamanote line to Shimbashi station, on your way you can stop at Harajuku station. At Shimbashi change to Yurikamome line till Daiba, have a look from Daiba over the Bay of Tokyo and see Rainbowbridge, Tokyo Tower and Statue of Liberty. Back by Yurikamome line to Shimbashi, by JR Yamanote line to JR Shinagawa station what is in walking distance to the Takanawa Prince Hotel, but hotels provides shuttle bus from Shinagawa station, too. Attention there is a Shinagawa Prince Hotel near station, too. So make sure you go to the slightly farer one.
by Peter rate this post as useful

Shinjuku and Harajuku 2007/11/19 08:02
I would go to Harajuku/ Shinjuku rather than Odaiba. Odaiba is fairly new, the shops are not that interesting in my opinion, and it's not at all good for people watching.

Harajuku and Shinjuku have lots of interesting shops and areas and the people watching there is great. Those areas are much more the "real" Tokyo than Odaiba.

I have to say I don't really understand the thing for going to Tokyo and spending most of the time in an American theme park either, but to each their own.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Ok 2007/11/19 12:16
Since you have done a central Japan tour by then, to get the feel of shopping in Tokyo, I would go to Asakusa, then Ueno (Ameyoko), then to Shibuya/Harajuku.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread