Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip planning to Japan 2007/11/18 00:23
Hey there, I'm planning to go to Japan on March, and i would like some help for planning my itinerary hehehe, it will be for 10 days, here's what I've already got:

March 27th
Akihabara (do you think a day will be much or will it be enough?)

March 28th
Tokyo Tower (and possibly some shopping in the surroundings, any suggestions on what can i do the rest of the day?)

March 29
Tokyo Big Sight

March 30
Fuji TV Building (heard sightseeing here is awesome)
Ferris Wheel
April 1
Takeshita Dori (do you think a day is way too much?)
April 2
Oriental Bazaar
And maybe some more shopping during this day

Well, as you can see, it's a little scheme i have, but if you have any suggestion or anything else, that would be great.
Btw, I dunno which shrines to visit, so I haven't added them in the itinerary, so any suggestion is really appreciated.
And also any park where i can see cherr blossoms, since i think that on those days Cherry Blossoms are showing up, or am i wrong?
Thanks! ;)
by Chuz  

kamakura 2007/11/22 09:19
Check out Kamakura. Beautiful, quaint town about an hour outside of Tokyo. Tons of temples, shrines, and even a huge Budha!
by ahardy rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/22 09:58
Cherry blossom spots in Tokyo:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3050.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

plan 2007/11/25 10:06
I would combine Tokyo Big Sight, Fuji TV & Ferris Wheel in 1 day as they are all in Odaiba.
Meiji Jingu Shrine might be a good place for shrine visit or you can drop by Zojoji Temple which is next to Tokyo Tower.
Asakusa - there's Nakamise Dori for your souvenir hunt and the Thunder Gate. This can be done in half a day.
by lina rate this post as useful

idea 2007/11/25 11:12
March 27th
I don't think you need the whole day in Akihabara.
You can go to the Tokyo Edo museum(it shows you the life of the feudal period) in Ryogoku in the morning and then spend all afternoon in Akihabara (most of the interesting shops will be opened around 11am).
You will also have a good choice of lunch meals in Akihabara.
March 28th
Please note that the entrance fees for the Tokyo Tower are not cheap.
For shopping, it depends on what kind of things you want to buy. The area around Tokyo Tower area is not really for shopping. If you like designers' goods, then go to Harajuku or Ginza.
If you are young and lively, go to Shibuya.
Note that you can always enjoy the whole view of central Tokyo at the southern observation platform of the Metropolitan Government main building in west Shinjuku.
March 29
Tokyo Big Sight
After the Big Sight, you can visit Toyosu area, which is one of the most trendy residential area for young families.
March 30
Fuji TV Building
Ferris Wheel
You will have a lot of facilities to visit here.
And you can even take a boat to Asakusa from here.
April 1
Takeshita Dori is more interesting at the weekend with a lot of young people in unique clothing.
Takeshita dori and the Oriental Bazaar are within a walking distance, so you can visit both and walk around Omotesando and other shopping streets around it. April 2
Why don't you visit Ueno Park for the cherry blossom and you can also visit the national museum, and the Ameyoko market street.
For shrines and temples in Tokyo, there is Meiji Shrine in Harajuku so you can also visit there on April 1.
Also, Sensouji temple in Asakusa is a must place to visit. If you take a boat from Odaiba to Asakusa, you can easily reach there.
You will also have a chance to visit outside Tokyo, such as Kamakura,or Ohmiya Bonsai Village+Omiya Railway Museum,or hot-spring resorts such as Izu, Hakone, Nasu or Nikko.
by mamiko rate this post as useful

sakura 2007/11/26 00:38
If you go to Sumida Park, you may see sakura (cherry blossom) and Geisha.
by mari rate this post as useful

reply to this thread