Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR West Rail Pass Kansai area 2007/11/19 23:47
Hi I hope to buy this pass as I will take the JR limited express train from Kansai Airport to Kyoto station. Can I know if I can buy this pass in Singapore Takashimaya? If I buy in Singapore, can I buy and use this pass twice? (2-way) I heard that this pass bought in Japan will only be limited to 1 time usage. Since the pass is for non-reserved seats, is there a high possibility that I will not be able to get any setats on the train as it may be quite crowded? I also have heavy luggage. I am traveling with my family and there are 6 of us in total. In this case, will it be better for me to take the limousine bus instead?
by Mindy  

... 2007/11/20 10:15
If I buy in Singapore, can I buy and use this pass twice?

There is no limit on how many passes you can buy if you buy in Singapore.

Since the pass is for non-reserved seats, is there a high possibility that I will not be able to get any setats on the train as it may be quite crowded?

It depends on the date and time of travel, but I think that usually you have little problems finding a seat, especially if you get to the platform ahead of departure time. Since there are six of you, I recommend to get to the platform ahead of departure time if you want to sit besides each other. Marks on the platfom indicate where the doors for the non-reserved cars will be located. Line up behind them.

I also have heavy luggage. I am traveling with my family and there are 6 of us in total. In this case, will it be better for me to take the limousine bus instead?

Either way would be good.
by Uji rate this post as useful

JR West Rail Pass Kansai Area 2007/11/20 22:51
Thanks..
how about if I buy this pass in Japan? Can I buy 2-way pass (Kansai airport to Kyoto station and back to Kansai Airport from Kyoto station)? Where can I buy this pass in Kansai Airport? Do I need to make any advance booking?
by Mindy rate this post as useful

JR Kansai West Pass 2007/11/21 00:04
I understand the rules than in Japan one person can only buy one pass per visit. This restriction is not mentioned in the rules for buying the exchange order outside Japan.
It is a day ( or multiple consecutive days ) Pass. If you bought two Exchange orders for one day each in Singapore you can exchange the first one at the airport and then go KIX - Kyoto - further JR travel within the area within that day. The second exchange order you can use on your last day of your stay in Kansai and finally go back to the KIX airport. But I have never tried to get more than one exchange order issued outside Japan, so may be this will be declined. For the haruka it is valid for the non-reserved cars, for other trains it is only for local trains, those have only non-reserved seats.
by Peter rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/21 08:29
how about if I buy this pass in Japan?

Then you are limited to one pass per person.

Can I buy 2-way pass (Kansai airport to Kyoto station and back to Kansai Airport from Kyoto station)?

JR West Kansai Pass is based on calendar days, not on sections traveled! See the following page for details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2361_03.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/11/21 23:39
Thanks a lot..
Which part of Kansai Airport can I buy this pass?

by Mindy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread