Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku subway 2007/11/22 16:54
Hi,
I'll be travelling to Tokyo on the 13th of December. I have already booked a hostel near 'Akebono-bashi' station. I plan to get on the NEX from Narita, and I will be alighting at the Shinjuku stop. Is the train station near to the Shinjuku subway so I can continue my journey to 'Akebono-bashi'? Will it be a hassle for me to travel by metro if i have some luggage on me? Thanks
by Sue  

... 2007/11/22 18:45
Is the train station near to the Shinjuku subway so I can continue my journey to 'Akebono-bashi'?

At Shinjuku Station, the platforms of the NEX and the Shinjuku Subway Line are far apart of each other. You will have to walk about 5-10 minutes, and it can be challenging to find the right way, especially during busy hours and if you have luggage.

Maybe taking a taxi from Shinjuku might be more convenient. Akebono-bashi Station is only about 2.5 kilometers from Shinjuku. The taxi fare should be less than 1000 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/22 22:58
As Uji suggested, the easiest way is to go to Shinjuku and take a cab.

Another way would be take KEISEI limited express to Keisei Yawata station (50 min, 840 yen)and switch to Toei Shinjuku line (40 min, 360 yen). You need to walk from Keisei station to Toei station but it is not so far apart (3-4 min).
by JLady rate this post as useful

Shinjuku Very Busy Station 2007/11/22 23:16
Just returned from Japan using subways/trains for a week in Tokyo. Shinjuku station is very busy any time of day, very confusing and intimidating with people crisscrossing in all directions. We were there trying to purchase passes for Hakone.
by Ducky2 rate this post as useful

Subway and luggage 2007/11/23 22:23
I would agree with what Uji said. For a first timer in Tokyo it may be best to take a taxi from Shinjuku station. Shinjuku station is the busiest train station in the world and it can be quite confusing your first few times through.

As far as luggage, I would tend to use the luggage delivery services that are available in Narita. I think you pay about 5000yen or less, but it is worth it to not deal with your luggage on the narita express and then have to haul it through Shinjuku station.
by JMinTokyo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread