Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama 2007/11/23 00:25
Hi all, first all, would like to thank all the folks here for giving amazing advice to people visiting japan :)

myself and my wife will be staying in kyoto for 3 nights. One of the places we intend to visit is Arashiyama.

I have some questions:

1. Sagano train tickets - can we buy it at the JR Kyoto station?

2. Hozu River Boat - can we buy the tickets in town or at JR kyoto station?

3. Bamboo Grooves - i still a bit confused on how to reach them ...do i take the sagano tram to Kameoka, then head to the groves?

thanks for your help! :)
maybe if someone could suggest a more proper itinerary..
by Ben  

... 2007/11/23 08:40
Sagano train tickets - can we buy it at the JR Kyoto station?

Yes, the Sagano train tickets, although not JR, can be purchased at JR ticket counters, including the ones at Kyoto Station.

Hozu River Boat - can we buy the tickets in town or at JR kyoto station?

I don't think you can buy them at JR stations. You can buy them at the Saga Torokko Station (just next to JR Saga-Arashiyama Station), the boat pier or make reservations by phone (ask the hotel concierge for help if they don't speak English). The phone number is: 0771-22-5846

Bamboo Grooves - i still a bit confused on how to reach them ...do i take the sagano tram to Kameoka, then head to the groves?

They are in Arashiyama. Walking distance from all the train stations in Arashiyama:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3912.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

many thanks 2007/11/24 00:53
Hi Uji,

Many thanks for your advice. We are really looking forward to exploring Kyoto :)

by Ben rate this post as useful

reply to this thread