Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

typhoon during october 2007/11/29 00:17
Hi friend,
I plan to visit Tokyo and Osaka in the beginnning October 2008.Is there any typhoon during that time?
Thanks,
by Lilis  

... 2007/11/29 11:19
Yes, there is a small probability of a typhoon in October. But it is no reason for not considering a trip in October.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/1 18:11
Hello.

I went to Japan this year during the first two weeks of October. On October 8th, while I was in Kyoto and nearby Nara, weather was affected by a typhoon that cruised towards China, south of Japan. It rained heavily all morning, but it didn't change my day at all (except for having to carry around an umbrella!). Afternoon weather was nice, and it was clear and sunny (though a bit more humid than usual) at the end of the day.

Therefore, I agree with Uji. Weather is a key factor to take into account when preparing a trip, but typhoons in Japan in October do not seem to be a big concern, and I think they should not change your plans.

Take a look at the Japan Meteorological Agency website ("http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/indexe.html in English") to find plenty of historical data that may help you "foresee" what is the best season for your trip.

Hope this helps.
by Angel rate this post as useful

typhoon during october 2007/12/4 10:33
Hi Uji and Angel,
Thanks for your information,I really appreciate it.
by Lilis rate this post as useful

reply to this thread