Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

please can someone proof read this! 2007/12/2 03:21
hi everyone,

i need to have this "intro" for my friend pretty perfect,and fairly colloquial,so any translations and help would be greatly appreciated.

this is what i want to say in english:
1."I have known xxchan for about 7months,but sometimes it feels like i have known her for longer."
2."This(that feeling)is because she is so easy to get along with;i can never feel uncomfortable around her."
3."I don't know why I started studying japanese,but being friends with xxchan makes me want to try my best."
4.xxchan is really funny(amusing),kind,someone who always tries their best,and a friend who i can never be angry with!"

This is how far I can go with the Japanese version,without making major errors!

1.xxちゃんとは7月の知り合いだけど、(not sure how to phrase this part).

2.Not sure with this one either!

3.なぜあたしは日本語の勉強を始めたか、知れないよ!でも、XXちゃんのために努力してるね。(roughly,but i left out some things,so if anyone can fill them in for me,that would be great!)

4.I'm unsure how to list these things,and how to say the last part.

Thanks for any constructive help!i really appreciate it:)
by writer  

... 2007/12/2 10:11
1.xxちゃんと 知り合って 7カ月だけど、もっとまえから 知っているような 気がします。

2.それは XXちゃんが とても ひとあたりが よくて、彼女といっしょだと おちつくからだと おもいます。

3.なぜ わたしが 日本語の勉強を始めたかは 自分でも よくわからないけど、XXちゃんと ともだちだから、努力して勉強しようと思います。

4.xxちゃんは ほんとうにたのしくて、やさしくて、いつもいっしょうけんめいで、ともだちとして こころから 信頼できる人です。

About the "friend who I can never be angry with" does not really translate well, so I changed it to "someone I can trust from the bottom of my heart."

I've put it into "...desu/masu" form; since you say it is for an introduction, no matter how close you are, the occasion might call for a slightly polite speech, I thought.

by AK rate this post as useful

thank you 2007/12/2 16:43
thank you AK!i really appreciate it!!
just a quick question:
If I left off the last sentence of no4.,how would it look then?
thank you for everything!^^
by original poster rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/2 20:01
When you say if you left off the last sentence of no. 4, you mean, cut out the whole no. 4? or do you mean just cut out the last part of no. 4. as follows?

4.xxちゃんは ほんとうにたのしくて、やさしくて、いつもいっしょうけんめいな 人です。

thanks again.. 2007/12/2 21:37
thanks again!sorry it was a simple answer but i had to be sure!also, the といっしょ in no2, if i were to say it as in a different context,like not physically being with the friend,but simply talking with them on the phone makes you feel comfortable,then surely ''issho'' doesnt still apply?sorry,this is the last question!
by original poster rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/2 22:58
Then change a bit to:
彼女といっしょにいたり、話したりしていると、それだけで 心がおちつくからだと おもいます。

reply to this thread