Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto in the evening 2007/12/3 10:58
Hi guys, I will reach Kyoto on a Wednesday evening around 7.20pm and the place I will be staying at is next to Kyoto station.

Is there any night shopping area or night market where I can walk around for some shopping and nice food in Kyoto after 8pm? I'm not the kind that can stay put in the hotel. =p Many thanks for your advice.
by jemdude22  

... 2007/12/3 11:09
Lots of shopping and dining can be found along Shijo-dori. While many shops seem to be closing around 8pm, some remain open. For dining I recommend the Pontocho and Gion areas.
by Uji rate this post as useful

The Tree. 2007/12/3 19:55
Ahhh go up to the Christmas tree in the station and sit and hug your partner. (You'll have to hug, it's quite chilly)

Maybe pick up some noodles in that maze of the Cube.
by emjoi rate this post as useful

Kyoto by Night 2007/12/5 06:56
If the night lights at Chioin and/or Kiyomizu temples are still on, go down there to check them out. Was there in the Japanese Labor Day weekend. There were heavy crowds, but hey I was a tourist and joined the thousands of other tourists to enjoy that light up.

Also, at the Kyoto Station, I tried a restaurant called Okonomiyaki at the top floor. We tried okonomiyaki and some variations. All were great. Also, in Shijo, there are some great little places to have desserts with green tea. Don't forget to try the roasted sweet chestnuts also. All on the main drag on Shijo, within a mile from the Gion. So many things to do, so little time...
by TravelToJapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread