Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shiodome hotels? Tokyo Conrad? 2007/12/7 10:18
My fiance and I are strangely fascinated with Gordon Ramsay, so when we go to Tokyo we thought it would be nice to dine at his restaurant there.

His restaurant is in the Conrad hotel, which seems to be 62,000-99,000 yen per night (at least that includes tax). Unless we are feeling foolishly frivolous, I doubt we will be spending that much on a hotel room. Are there any other hotels nearby that are more affordable?

Additionally, has anyone been to the Cerise restaurant inside the Conrad hotel? How formal should we dress? A restaurant in a hotel like that probably has a dress code of some kind.

thanks in advance!

by Robyn  

... 2007/12/7 10:44
The "Park Hotel" is just a few steps away. Also very nice, but considerably less expensive:
http://www.parkhoteltokyo.com/

Enforced dress code is very rare in Japan, even in the restaurants of luxury hotels, and it is not unusual to see Japanese people in very casual dresses even at very noble hotel restaurants. The only restaurant I am aware of, that enforces a jacket for men, is the French restaurant in the Ritz-Carlton in Osaka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/7 12:07
Well, you can be sort of casual in a restaurant in a high end hotel in Japan. But you have to be expensive-casual. You can never be shabby, you know what I mean? Even if there is no formal dress code, a social norm prevents you from dressing too casually. I guess many gaijins don't get that concept.
by Tokyonet rate this post as useful

Shiodome hotels 2007/12/7 15:33
As already mentioned the Park Hotel is very close by, I havent stayed there but we are doing so in March, I have researched extensively and its looks to be an excellent hotel at a very resonable price, We are coming from Australia and have booked through Zuji.com.au so that we could pay immediately and guarantee the exchange rate against the AUD (it was about 106yen but has since dropped to about 96, so over a 10% drop)
also check out www.tripadvisor.com for useful reviews of accomodation in Tokyo, you will see that the park rates very well.
by Steve rate this post as useful

thanks!! 2007/12/7 23:30
The Park Hotel looks very nice, thanks! I am going to put this in our itinerary.
by Robyn rate this post as useful

reply to this thread