Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to go with a 1yr old? 2007/12/7 12:27
We are looking for a more greenery and not too much of a city place and good food in Japan, to travel during Feburary. A place where it is still baby friendly. Any recommendations?
by Family Trip  

with a 1 yr old 2007/12/9 05:33

February isn't the best time of the year for travelling anywhere in the Northern hemisphere, unless one goes to a ski resort. It is cold, it might be grey, and of course there are no flowers and not too much greenery. I think that going to a big town is a better idea than going to a small place. Food is good all over Japan and of course there are more choices in big towns. as far as friendliness to a family with a baby there is no difference.
The Kansai area would be a good choice as there are several towns with a lot of interesting things to see that are big but not huge.
personally I wouldn't dream to travel in a foreign country with a child under 6 years old unless it is an absolute emergency.. my parents left my brother and I with their parents for weeks at a time when we were very young and it sure didn't harm us as we have no recollection of our first years. m y first vivid memories start at about 3 years old and only, likely, because at the time every time the air raid sirens went on we had to rush from home to the nearest bomb shelter and I do remember the noises of the sirens, planes and finally the loud explosions.
by Sensei 2 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread