Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Working Holiday Visa 2007/12/9 10:02
Hi, I'm planning on obtaining a Working Holiday Visa for japan leaving in late Dec. 08. How difficult is it to obtain? I should be fine with money and background checks.

Sorry if is a repost of a previous question but thank you very much for help in advance.
by Filehelp  

WHV 2007/12/10 10:45
Which country are you from?
by chan_konabe rate this post as useful

WHV 2007/12/10 10:47
New Zealand
by Filehelp rate this post as useful

no problem 2007/12/10 13:33
I'm a New Zealander who originally came to Japan on a WHV. It's not difficult to obtain- fill in the paperwork and take it to the Embassy or Consulate and then wait until you are notified that it has been accepted.

Unless you have a criminal record/ have been deported from another country in the past, there is no reason why they won't give you the visa- I have never heard of anyone being turned down.
by Sira rate this post as useful

WHV 2007/12/10 18:31
Thank you very much for all the help,

Cheers
by Filehelp rate this post as useful

me too 2007/12/11 17:21
Yeah this is my plan aswell, but im from Scotland and i dont know how it works there but i have to apply in April and its basically first come first serve.

They can only accept a certain amount per year. So it could be a battle for who gets in between us ^_^ lol.
by mint rate this post as useful

Not NZ vs Scotland 2007/12/12 09:09
That's the system in the UK- there is a limited amount of visas offered and with a bigger population there is more competition- I believe you have to have an interview as well.

The New Zealand system is completely separate from that- you two will not be competing with each other for visas, as New Zealand has its own quota and this is rarely filled so there is no real competition.

Good luck to both of you anyway.
by Sira rate this post as useful

UK whv 2007/12/12 22:20
If you're in Scotland, you have to apply in person at the embassy, but there is no interview and it is a very easy process. Moreover, while they only accept 400 a year, I believe they have never yet received that many applications. I applied in November this year and got accepted. You don't have to wait until April if you don't want to - you have 12 months from the issue date to enter the country.
by Silmaril rate this post as useful

reply to this thread