Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

a good japanese bar in nyc 2007/12/10 04:38
Hi! My boyfriend, who's Japanese, is leaving town. I need a good place where I can invite a group of about 20 people to have a surprise party for him. I want something between a restaurant and a bar. Does anyone have any recommendations?
by christine  

Bourdain says 2007/12/10 12:31
Tony Bourdain has a TV show on Discovery channel. I saw his show the other night from here (Japan). This guy come to Japan often for his show and he loves it. When I tuned in the other night he was drinking Sake in a bar that very nuch looked like here. Turns out it was a show from NY. Heres the address and such

"Hagi: At Hagi, an underground Japanese haunt, Tony and friends Ken and Aki enjoy some fried chicken skin, yam jelly, yellowtail collar and wasabi shumai.
Address: 152 West 49th Street, New York, NY
Phone: 1-212-764-8549"

"Sakegura: Following their meal at Hagi, Tony and the boys sample various types of sake.
Address: 211 East 43rd Street, New York, NY
Phone: 1-212-953-7253"

The second place is where he was when I tuned in. Info from this site

http://travel.discovery.com/tv/bourdain/travel-guide/new-yor...
by Redrum rate this post as useful

Hagi 2007/12/10 13:49
On my last trip to NYC in October I went to Hagi. It's great place. Very reasonable. I also saw it on Bourdain's show. They have a room on the side. You might be able to have your party in there. Lot's of Nihonjin customers. Make a reservation, It gets very crowded
by Mitsuo rate this post as useful

CHOPSTICKS NY 2007/12/10 17:04
go to the site www.chopsticksny.com . they have resturant reviews.they also have a resturant guide where you can search by price, features , food served, the area and other stuff. their magazine this month had an extensive resturant guide
by Kara rate this post as useful

reply to this thread