Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reservation Confirmation 2007/12/14 22:37
I made a room reservation directly from the hotel.
They confirmed my booking via e-mail without asking for my credit card details.I asked if I have to print out e-mail to show at check-in and they said all I have to do is tell my name.Are there any chances to have problem there? Any suggestions?

P.S.I've already used search function and found some topics related.But the situation is different eg. they booked from auto-reservation which I feel more secure even they do not ask for credit card details.
by lemongrass  

... 2007/12/15 12:50
Thanks to a low no-show rate among Japanese people, most hotels and ryokan in Japan do not require a credit card for making a reservation.

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in Japan and I almost never get asked for more than my address and phone number (especially when making a reservation by phone). And I rarely bring a print out to the hotel. In all these years, I had a reservation related problem only once, where a hotel canceled my reservation by mistake. Ironically, that hotel was the Hyatt Kyoto, which not only requires credit card information for making a reservation, but even charges the credit card at the time of reservation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks Uji 2007/12/15 19:03
Thank you very much Uji.
Less worries now.Better to reconfirm them again near departure date to gain more confident.Because I will be there during Cherry Blossom and it's really hard to find places to stay within my budget range.
by lemongrass rate this post as useful

reply to this thread