Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rental Cars 2007/12/19 01:13
how much does a rental car cost in summer at Hokkaido and where can I find one near Utoro. thanks
by psolo  

It seems . . . 2007/12/19 15:35
. . . to vary a lot: my first trip cost almost $100/day in peak July travel season, but maybe that's because I returned it at another location.

When I went to Hakodate last October, it only cost $55/day.

I don't use TOCO but usually Toyota, and book through JTB. There are a zillion locations all over Japan. The outlets are at any decent sized city or town. Utoro is somewhat remote and is not a major travel hub so I'm not sure there is an outlet there; Abashiri for sure. The outlets are usually located near train stations.

It's a little known fact that with Toyota, there is no extra dropoff fee if you return the car within the same prefecture. Since some prefectures are huge, there is a lot of leeway.

If you do rent from Toyota or Nissan, keep in mind nobody speaks English at the outlets. I manage anyway. Just show them your International Permit and Foreign driver's license. All cars come with GPS.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/25 20:01
The closest car rental outlet to Utoro seems to be the Nippon Rent a Car oulet outside Shari-Shiretoko Station in central Shari Town.

Aprt from that, most rental companies have outlets in Abashiri, nearby Memanbetsu Airport, and in Nakashibetsu.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread