Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Living and costs in Japan 2007/12/19 22:36
Hi there.I am planning on living in Japan in the next 5 or so years to teach english for a long term thing/life. And was just wondering about a few things...

*Where would be the best place to live in? Like a Guest house or an apartment? Or anything else? This is for the first year or so to get settled into the Japanese life. (Or just the avg. single people pay in Japan)

*Alot of the sites Ive checked out say 250000yen month for teaching... is this good wage?

*What are some avg. costs of food and drink... I.e - 1.25L of coke, loaf of bread, fish etc...

*Cost of sporting events such as baseball or soccer etc

Thats all I can think of for now... Answers to any of those questions would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
by JosephC  

check Dave's ESL cafe 2007/12/20 12:51
On a site called www.elscafe.com , in the Japan forum, all your questions have been answered already, plus a lot more useful info. Have a look in the FAQs over there, and then ask the people posting there if there's anything else you want to know.

This is more of a travel site, so it's a good idea to look at sites dedicated to teaching English in Japan.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Living 2007/12/20 13:18
Ok, it may be a travel site, but this section does have the title "Living", which implies that questions about living are posted here.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

sites 2007/12/20 21:46
I realise that, however the fact remains that there are detailed resources out there for prospective ESL teachers, so I redirect people so they can get the info they want straight away rather than hanging around waiting for people to answer here.

This site is a fantastic resource for travel in Japan, I check things here all the time.
by Sira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread