Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Discount shinkansen tickets? 2007/12/20 08:54
I'm planning on going from Tokyo to Kobe this winter break -- are there any places in Tokyo that offer discount tickets? I don't want to buy from the actual shinkansen station or midori booths cause I know you can get them for cheaper.

I know in Kobe you can get it to Tokyo for 10,000yen but I don't think it applies for the other way around.

Any places in Tokyo or websites that offer a discount?
Any help appreciated!
by Cheese  

... 2007/12/20 12:38
I know in Kobe you can get it to Tokyo for 10,000yen but I don't think it applies for the other way around.
Generally speaking, Kobe-Tokyo ticket can be used for the other way around. You can buy Tokyo-Kobe ticket in Tokyo at discount ticket shops (ex. shops in New Shimbashi building in front of Shimbashi station) but I don't think the price in Tokyo can beat 10,000 yen.
by JLady rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/22 03:00
I'm not sure about discount ticket places, but if you went with the Kodama Economy Plan, you can take the a Kodama Shinkansen as far as ShinOsaka for 10000-11500 yen (depending on dates of travel this winter).

At ShinOsaka change to a regular or rapid service JR train.

From ShinOsaka to Sannomiya (main station of Kobe) by Rapid train is 30 minutes and 540 yen.
by John rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/22 03:02
In specific the Puratto Kodama Economy Plan can be purchased at JR TOURS travel offices found in Tokyo and Shinagawa Stations, the ticket cannot be purchased at regular JR reservations offices. However its normally not difficult to find the JR TOURS office, especially at Shinagawa Station.
by John rate this post as useful

by the way 2007/12/23 18:03
The one way flight by Skymark Airlines costs at most 10,000 yen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3554.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread