Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Notebook problem 2007/12/21 00:51
Hi everyone!

We arrived in Tokyo yesterday. Now I have a big problem with my notebook: I have an adapter for Japanese outlets. With the battery inside and connected to the plug nothing works. If I put the battery out, the notebook works properly; also if only the battery is inside. My notebook is a pavillion-notebook from HP.

:-( Anyone has an idea why the battery can't be charged? Anyone had similar problems and found a solution?
by Zuckerbussi  

... 2007/12/21 13:58
This sounds more like a problem with the power switching mechanism inside your laptop rather then a Japan related problem, especially since your laptops cord is a universal power supply (it should work in all countries).

Have you tried contacting HP's customer support?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/21 14:11
I would also recommend contacting the manufacturer for support, as this will most likely be a hardware issue of the noetbook itself, maybe it got damaged on the way to Japan.
by Haf rate this post as useful

Yes 2007/12/21 22:31
Hi,

yes I had the exact same problem with a toshiba laptop. I purchased a toshiba transformer and cord from Toshiba in Japan and that exact problem happened.
I basicly learnt to live with it until one day i found a HP transformer and cord that also fit. The battery charges with that :(

It is strange
by Kevin rate this post as useful

Problem solved 2007/12/22 22:42
The problem has been solved with the help of the HP-Support-chat. The "solution" has been:

I recommend you use Power Drain procedure by following these steps:

1. Disconnect the AC Adapter.
2. Remove the Battery.
3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Reconnect the AC adapter.
5. Turn on the Notebook power.
6. Please insert the battery while booting.

:-) :-) :-)
by Zuckerbussi rate this post as useful

Trick 2007/12/23 11:24
That trick did not work for me unfortunatly. But I will call Toshiba since it is likely they have a simular feature :)

Thanks
by Kevin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread