Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advise on Hokkaido Itinerary... 2007/12/26 10:09
Hi,
we will be in Sapporo from 10 Feb - 15 Feb, and have currently planned our itinerary as below:

10 Feb
12pm Reach Sapporo, from Tokyo. After that, visit Snow Festival (Odori Park), Clock Tower, City Hall,
Ramen Yokocho for Dinner
Susukino after dinner for the night life.

11 Feb
Ski (Full day)

12 Feb
Morning: Nijo Ichiba, Ishiya Chocolate Factory (Hope the park is opened by then), Historical Village of Hokkaido
Afternoon: Sapporo Beer Museum
Dinner: Genghis Khan

13 Feb
Asahikawa. Highlight: Zoo.

14 Feb
Otaru

15 Feb
Sapporo Factory
Apia (Shopping Arcade)
5pm To Fly back to Tokyo

I've been trying to plough through the internet to get more ideas on where can we go, what can we do. Looking at this itinerary, is there something we have missed? Should we pack "Sapporo Factory/Apia" into other days, and take a day trip to anywhere else around Sapporo?
Thanks!
by DotNg  

... 2007/12/27 22:17
The 12th looks too packed to me, unless you like a very fast travel pace. Access and the actual viewing of the Hokkaido Historical Park is quite time consuming.

Also, the time allocated to the snow festival seems a little bit short.

Apart from that, I think you put together a very interesting itinerary.
by Uji rate this post as useful

thanks! 2007/12/28 02:08
Hi Uji,

thanks for replying. Do you roughly know how long does it take to complete "Ishiya Chocolate Factory"? I can move Historical Village visit to 15 Feb, since I'm not really a shopping person...

For the short Snow Fes time, I had the impression that Odori Park is kind of short, so the whole afternoon should be sufficient to cover it, therefore we will proceed to Ramen Yokocho for dinner... did I get the impression wrong?

by DotNg rate this post as useful

... 2007/12/28 07:37
Do you roughly know how long does it take to complete "Ishiya Chocolate Factory"?

1-2 hours should enough.

For the short Snow Fes time, I had the impression that Odori Park is kind of short, so the whole afternoon should be sufficient to cover it,

I guess it can be enough for just the Odori site. It is about one kilometer long.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread