Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hamamatsu in one day? 2008/1/4 23:19
I will be staying at Nagoya and wondering if it will be possible to see Hamamatsu in one day?

Also I know you can take shinkansen from Nagoya to Hamamatsu, any one has any ideas how much that is?
I also know you can take train, but again anyone has any idea how much it is??

Much thanks
by Jay  

... 2008/1/5 09:00
I will be staying at Nagoya and wondering if it will be possible to see Hamamatsu in one day?

What is there to see in Hamamatsu? In any case, the shinkansen trip from Nagoya to Hamamatsu takes a mere 30 minutes by hikari shinkansen.

Also I know you can take shinkansen from Nagoya to Hamamatsu, any one has any ideas how much that is?

The round trip costs 8600 yen by unreserved seat. Or around 9600 yen by reserved seat.

I also know you can take train, but again anyone has any idea how much it is??

By local trains along the JR Tokaido Line, the one way journey takes about 80 minutes by direct rapid train and costs 1890 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hanamatsu . . . 2008/1/7 10:30
. . . is a pretty nice sized city but it's mainly used as a hub to see the annual Kite Festival during Golden Week (Nakajima Sand Dunes) or to go to the fruit and flower park inland. There is a small castle in Hamamatsu. There's some stuff to see in Gamagori which is closer to Nagoya (check the JNTO website). Gifu or Inuyama are better day trips.
by Clevor rate this post as useful

Happened . . . 2008/1/8 09:07
. . . to be visiting this site today and there is info on the city:

http://hometown.infocreate.co.jp/en/chubu/hamamats/hamama-e....
by Clevor rate this post as useful

reply to this thread